Anyone know about this Mercedes

Glenn Spiteri

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1965 Mercedes 190 FMO 462C & CLK Cabrio
I have bought a Mercedes after the unfortunate death of the owner. I was hoping someone on this forum would know this car and who did the hundreds of hours modifying it.
A 1965 Mercedes 190 Fintail, completely modified using all the parts from a 1999 E55 AMG except the body and chassis.
FMO 462C is the registration number.
The E55 AMG donor car had the registration number T277 OVG.

Attachments

• DSC_0456.JPG
    DSC_0456.JPG
    396.1 KB · Views: 165

om613

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S202 C250TD, S123 240TD
Welcome.
I don't know it but it's been posted a few times, on both UK MB forums, within the last year, 'spotted on Ebay'.
Searching 'completed listings' might provide the details?

Good luck with it.

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
I know a little bit about this car which my mate owned until recently. He's not dead and l am just a little confused about the owner dying? Just curious about that aspect but do let me know how l can help. The person who had all the work done has now left the country l believe.

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
? Maybe a excuse during the sale of a vehicle. ?

Thats a great sleeper, you must put up a review of the driving experience, and fun factor. :D

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Think it's genuine actually, the death. I've been in it and driven it and it's a real head turner and it gets noticed wherever it goes. I thought it drove OK for an old car, the ride in particular being very smooth. My mate loved owning it but it was taking up far too much room on his drive and it therefore had to go. I believe the guy who purchased it (and subsequently died) lived in Scotland. He contacted my mate afterwards to say it had made the journey to its new home without any issues and apparently it drove very well in his opinion. Hope this helps.

OP
Glenn Spiteri

Glenn Spiteri

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, the guy before me who owned it died in a boating accident on loch Lomond just a couple weeks after he got it. He was a retired car salesman from West Linton in Scotland. His empty boat washed ashore at Cameron House Hotel. The poor guys body was later found floating on the loch.

And, yes, it does drive like a dream and everybody who sees it when I park wants pictures with it and all the information about it.
Just had a full valet with the emphasis on all the leather and it looks fab.
Booked into Mercedes next week as the 4 electric windows won't work.
The chrome mostly mint condition.

I really would love to speak to the guy that did the conversion on the car. It really is a work of art and god only knows how many man hours went into it!!!!!

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Like l said, the chap who had all the work done was going abroad for an extended period and l don't think you're going to be able to make contact. I think you'll find the bumpers were specially made from stainless steel and maybe other "chrome" bits too. That would explain why they are so good. I seem to recall the car misbehaving with the odd electrical glitch. You say the electric windows aren't working and it might just resolve matters if you remove the associated fuse and replace again. My mate had to do something similar in order to fix the indicators at one point and l remember another glitch where (I think) the central locking played up. Some of the fuses are under the rear seat on the driver's side.

OP
Glenn Spiteri

Glenn Spiteri

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good info. Thanks Grahamcol.

rifiki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W209 W121190B
If it still has the original single pivot rear axel cornering on power would be interesting.

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think it has the rear axle and suspension of the E55 donor vehicle.

OP
Glenn Spiteri

Glenn Spiteri

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Quite honestly I think this conversion is a work of art. It's unimaginal how many hours must have gone into it. Included in the sale when I got it was the log book for the E55AMG. I feel sorry for the guy that got killed just days after buying it. I think his wife just wanted rid of it.

OP
Glenn Spiteri

Glenn Spiteri

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just found out that the previous owner bought it on ebay for £10 grand just 2 weeks before he was killed in the boating accident.
Being he was a newly retired car salesman/dealer gives me confidence in the money I paid for it.

om613

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S202 C250TD, S123 240TD
Seen this locally a few times recently. I'm guessing it resides in E17?

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Seen this locally a few times recently. I'm guessing it resides in E17?
I thought this car had been written off in a bad accident before the last owner could sell it? Maybe I'm thinking of a similar converted car though.(brain isn't what it used to be)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom