Apple Car Play

Gemma

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 C Class Estate
Hi everyone,
I have just been given a 2019 C Class as a company car... Loads of questions about it but the main one is that I can link my iPhone via Bluetooth and play music through it, I can also hear the maps directions but the maps won’t display on the screen? Plus it keeps saying there is no SD card so can’t use the Sat Nav in the car. Would it have come with an SD card? Or does anyone know how I can get my Apple maps to display?

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Hi everyone,
I have just been given a 2019 C Class as a company car... Loads of questions about it but the main one is that I can link my iPhone via Bluetooth and play music through it, I can also hear the maps directions but the maps won’t display on the screen? Plus it keeps saying there is no SD card so can’t use the Sat Nav in the car. Would it have come with an SD card? Or does anyone know how I can get my Apple maps to display?

Hello & welcome!

MB put their Nav data on SD cards IIRC, so if the car has Nav, it should have the data SD card slot occupied (normally resides in glovebox, but I'm not familiar with current model year)! The SD card slot on the dash is for your tunes!

I'm on shaky ground with Apple CarPlay as not an Apple fan - my car needs to have phone cable-connected to use Android Auto. I gather few systems can run AA or CarPlay wirelessly, so prob worth a trawl through user's manual to see what they say. (Will probably need to have data sharing activated on your phone to utilise some of the CarPlay functions too).

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I believe you need the iPhone connected by cable for the car play to work

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom