Apple CarPlay

Louise007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2019 1497cc
I have just purchased a c 200 SE and I LOVE IT, but, I have two problems, the first is its still connected to its previous owner on the Mercedes Me app and the second, I thought it had apple car play and I can't connect any phone so I don't think it does? I have paid for the car but have it on trial for two weeks or 100 miles, is there anyway I can get apple car play fitted? it has a SD cardwith maps on but I like google play as its live... I feel really disappointed as I thought a 2019 car registered in 2020 would have car play surely?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I have just purchased a c 200 SE and I LOVE IT, but, I have two problems, the first is its still connected to its previous owner on the Mercedes Me app and the second, I thought it had apple car play and I can't connect any phone so I don't think it does? I have paid for the car but have it on trial for two weeks or 100 miles, is there anyway I can get apple car play fitted? it has a SD cardwith maps on but I like google play as its live... I feel really disappointed as I thought a 2019 car registered in 2020 would have car play surely?

Hi Louise and welcome to the forum. Now I am not technical by any stretch of the imagination but my Son-In-Law hooked mine up to the car no problem. What I can't understand is how a 2017 C Class has it but a 2019 doesn't :confused:

OP
L

Louise007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2019 1497cc
Hi Louise and welcome to the forum. Now I am not technical by any stretch of the imagination but my Son-In-Law hooked mine up to the car no problem. What I can't understand is how a 2017 C Class has it but a 2019 doesn't :confused:
That’s what I thought! However I’ve just found that it has live traffic navigation on an SD card which is activated until March 2024 so maybe that’s why it doesn’t have the CarPlay, the car was going back before I found this! Hopefully I can work out how to use it?!

SquabzZz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 W205
I’m sure 2019 have it with no hardware mod you can get it coded in for like £50 from eBay

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Apple CarPlay / Android Auto is not standard on any C class yet.

Further, Mercedes have stopped anyone retrofitting genuine Apple CarPlay / Android Auto to any C class. You will have to install an aftermarket kit such as this;

OP
L

Louise007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2019 1497cc
Apple CarPlay / Android Auto is not standard on any C class yet.

Further, Mercedes have stopped anyone retrofitting genuine Apple CarPlay / Android Auto to any C class. You will have to install an aftermarket kit such as this;

Thank you so much for your help, I’ve started using the navigation which appears to be tomtom and it’s live, so I’m very happy with this. I am confused as it says live traffic expires on my me app in 2024 and on the screen in the car it says 2023. So I’m not sure which is right. Happy to pay for live traffic when expires as I think it’s £119 for three years. I’m loving the car so far and this was my only problem! X

AnthonyJam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d 4matic 2016
For the Mercedes Me app you have 2 options - ask the previous owner to remove him self and add you or go to the official dealer and ask them to do it. They will require proof of ownership.

Top Bottom