Approved Mercedes Problem

OP
M

markuk2009

Sorry, I did not mention but previous owner was actually a member of staff of MB at Milton Keynes.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
In a way that makes it worse,,you must feel disappointed and cheated

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
Oh, dear what next?

I write with trepidation having had a bit of a "problem" with MB Chelsea. I can envisage all sorts of problems ahead!

I wait with baited breath to see how matters progress.

There should be a pre-inspection report on the car with all the boxes ticked.

gre1591

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Auto (1995)
The plot thickens ,I think they knew ,I think it was a demonstrator that maybe got a bit too well shall we say demonstrated .I bet this sort of thing happens a fair bit .Its them and us really you know .The customer is thee problem ,why cant we just give them the money and forget about the cars ! Because really they are just interested in making money for shareholders and the fact we have these pesky cars that need faults mending and sorting under warranty are such a confounded nuisance and interfering with their profitability!

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Mark ...... it's OK them picking up the car and inspecting it .............. but what you really need to do, is have a quiet moment and decide what you want.

Full refund ? ......... keep car, part compensation ? (if so how much) ...... bring car upto an acceptable level ??.......... etc etc .. when you've decided ..... let the dealer know ...if they fail to comply with your request ...... go staright to small claims court .......... don't worry, it's not Perry Mason ....... but you have a very very cut and dry case here ........

The dealer may suprise you and make a number of options available to you ............. if it knows whats good for it ....... they've dropped a big one .......... I don't accept they knew nothing ...impossible ...even a halfwit saleman would see the problems a mile off !! .let alone the mechanic that PDi'd the car for the Select warranty ......... That car has been through a number of proffesional hands .. so they are pulling your plonker ........ they are the pro's afterall ..... and a judge would tell them so !!

And remember ...ignorance is not a defence !!

gre1591

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Auto (1995)
Oh dear maybe it should be

If you wish to drive, Buy a BMW ............If you want to be taken for a ride.......... buy a Mercedes- Benz !!

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
thats what iI was thinking!

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have had one small problem with my CLK which I got from MB Direct (apart from the fianance deal but that's another thread :rolleyes:).

When they sold me the car, although it had FSH, one of the services was not done by an MB Dealer. Now under EU rules etc etc, this is not a problem. In fact MB direct warranted it for a year and it's covered by Mobilo etc etc.

When it got *ahem* interesting was when I got told by another MB dealer when I took it in to see what I could trade it in for, the fact that it didn't have a FMBSH, it would adversely affect the price. Couldn't see the logic myself, if it's good enough for mobilo, it's good enough to not affect the value.

gre1591

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Auto (1995)
Sounds like a dealer trying to pre justify the low part exchange price he is going to offer you using the lack of FMSH as a good excuse.

OP
M

markuk2009

I am just so glad my local MB dealer bought this to my attention otherwise I may have never known, they were very good in the fact they took loads of photo's etc.. for me and said they would help with any report I would need.

Anyway, car being picked up at 9am on Monday morning and being taken to London (this is third time BTW as it had some brake problems initially and has already added 300+miles to the car and another 150 added again on Monday)

I really like the car and it has all the options I wanted so I just need to decide what on earth to ask for!

OP
D

Diesel Benz

If I was you I would certainly bring to the attention MB UK customer services, Im sure they would be horrified how this dealer is tarnishing they name.

I would be pushing for new car with the same age spec as I purchased.

Good luck

merc7

Reaction score
Sorry 2 hear your story but it is the law is for the crooks ,you have to prove to them now u actually not done that yourself!:confused::Oops:

gre1591

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Auto (1995)
If I was you I would certainly bring to the attention MB UK customer services, Im sure they would be horrified how this dealer is tarnishing they name.

You must be joking ,don’t live in a fantasy world thinking that Mercedes customer services are righteous or do anything other than stand right behind a set of rules that allow damaged cars to be handed on to the public even as new, never mind as approved used . From reports I have had Mercedes Benz Direct (owned by Mercedes) are the worst offenders as I have heard of numerous problems with purchases from them being damaged cars repaired and resold.

It makes you wonder if Mercedes Benz Direct was specifically set up to launder and deal with damaged cars that independent (main dealer) Mercedes dealers where scared of touching.

The Germans have a funny arrogance that they can carry out repairs to their cars to top quality approved standards ,that they are as good as new and we should accept them as perfect. I would think that that ethos has been exported from Germany and is prevalent through Mercedes Bens UK operation . But who the hell wants to buy a pre damaged car!

They know every trick in the book to know what they can and cannot get away with and when caught out sometimes play the game fairly and do what’s right but even then they do no more than minimal to sort it.

Don’t be under any illusion that they are all goody goody and it’s a rouge dealer with this particular cars problem. This is how it is and you have got to watch them ! and very closely at that.

OP
D

Diesel Benz

Calm down you have heart attack, no need to be so blunt/rude or just plain arrogant which ever you care to choose, it's idiots (now im being rude) like you that make customer services so righteous.

I can imagine you calling Customer services demanding this that and the other and when they don't give you what you want telling everyone how rubbish they are. :mad:

Maybe you need find another brand as you have such low opinion of MB

discoking

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
1985 500SEL
Not sticking up for the dealer, but they do buy in on faith,

As much as I test drive,thoroughly check over,HPI and MOTinfo check I have to put my faith in the customers who part exchange their vehicles exactly like they put their faith in me.However it's amazing what customers wont tell you and what usually happens is that any faults are usually found by the new owner who then puts blame squarely on me(the dealer).

What people must realise is that I and probably everyother dealer doesn't want to sell cars with known problems or such like but these things do happen and when they do it's probably the 1st time the dealer has heard about it.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
What people must realise is that I and probably everyother dealer doesn't want to sell cars with known problems or such like but these things do happen and when they do it's probably the 1st time the dealer has heard about it.

Unless of course they are related to Arthur Daley :lol::lol:

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
With regards to accident damage, all the dealer does is check whicherver register it is that records any insurance claims against the car (ie Cat C or D).

When I've been getting my car appraised, I've told every dealer (inc MB) that it had an accident, what the repair was and that it was carried out by authorised MB repairers. But because it wasn't an accident that insurers wrote the car off for, they don't seem interested.

Which is a bit odd but there you go.

gre1591

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Auto (1995)
Thanks for that tirade Diesel Benz , I thought I was politely telling anyone including you, after all you had just made the statement

“If I was you I would certainly bring to the attention MB UK customer services, I’m sure they would be horrified how this dealer is tarnishing they name.”

That Mercedes Benz UK or their dealers are not a paragon of virtue both from my experiences and others, and not to assume so . There was nothing nasty specifically aimed at you personally in my words and I was just telling anyone who’s interested to be wary of what is going on in a friendly straightforward way . If you don’t like the message please have the courtesy not to shoot the messenger and turn things into a nasty personal attack on me including things from your imagination on how I would be dealing with customer services which are totally unfounded and untrue.

I have been a longstanding Mercedes enthusiast having owned several over the last 30 years but lately I have been ashamed how the service and quality of the marque have disintegrated.

You only have to study in depth the problems with electrics ,suspensions ,gearboxes and rotting bodywork over the last 10 years on this forum alone to realise things have gone down hill from the bullet proof quality brand that I recognise Mercedes once was. Mercedes have let it be known that they realise things were bad and they are endeavouring to improve the situation. Hopefully they will and we can all be once again proud of the Marque.

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
As much as I test drive,thoroughly check over,HPI and MOTinfo check I have to put my faith in the customers who part exchange their vehicles exactly like they put their faith in me.However it's amazing what customers wont tell you and what usually happens is that any faults are usually found by the new owner who then puts blame squarely on me(the dealer).

Unlikely in this case as it was owned by MB Milton Keynes.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom