Approved User car Service interval

500benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 216
Hello all,

First post, so please be gentle! (- mods please move if in wrong place)

To cut a long story short, dad bought a 2010 E250 about 6 months ago from MB dealer with the usual AU benefits.

An 'A' service is now apparently due (according to OBC) and the stealer quoted £600 at first, before being told the car was only bought 6 months ago, and revising the figure to £250 (guessing the £600 was a 'B' service quote - though it still seems steep for a 4-cyl)

Having a look at the AU benefits online, it does mention any services due within 3 months of purchase are covered, but I wouldn't have thought anything service wise would be needed for at least a year (My AU CL500 didn't need anything for a year)

I have asked dad to have a look through the service book to find last service but apparently it's all electronic now (I did think it would still be recorded on paper)

Does anyone have any experience in this area? I have suggested firing off an email to MB HO but I'm not particularly hopeful...

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
give a dealer a call (different one) and ask if they can send you the service history, all kept online so they have no problems accessing it. it could be that its due for a service, if they didn't do it prior to the sale then they were probably hopig that it would be a while before they would see it again depending on what sort of mileage your Dad does. could be worth if the car isn't on a PCP or similar to take it to an indy the rates will be much better and IIRC there are a couple around your area with a very good name.

Top Bottom