Are any parts of Sprinters made of fibreglass?

senor_pickles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 2012 313 CDI
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this. Whilst getting stuck in to converting my Sprinter into a camper, after the recent storms, I've found there must be a leak somewhere. All body work is sound, as are the door seals.

View media item 3127
I was thinking about what to do with the lights on the roof left over from when it was a Wessex Water van, and when I inspected them this evening I realised there is loads of cracking around the fixing of the right most square lamp at the back above the right rear door. This must be the source of the leak. It looks just like fibreglass cracking, but I didn't think there were any fibre sections in a Sprinter's roof. I know the super high roof versions are fibre, but this isn't one of those. I know the main roof is metal as I cut the skylight in myself.

I guess it's not really an issue as the fix will be essentially the same anyway. I just couldn't find any info in my googling..

Cheers,
Andy

OP
senor_pickles

senor_pickles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 2012 313 CDI
Surley a magnet would be your friend .... ;)

Yes, I guess it would :) Good point. I will certainly give that a go when I'm next at my parent's (can't park the van where I live). I'm also curious as to whether, assuming it is fibre, whether this is standard for this rear angle section of the roof, or whether it may have been a later fabrication.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. Can't believe I didn't think of that.. :)

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
... I'm also curious as to whether, assuming it is fibre, whether this is standard for this rear angle section of the roof, or whether it may have been a later fabrication.
Sorry ... cant help with that :confused:

Anyway, thanks for the tip. Can't believe I didn't think of that.. :)
The simple things are always the best :) ..... or I'm simple :D:D

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom