Are mercs. Bird pullers.

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
may be this post is for younger members ?

however it is an interesting question.

you must all know the song :- LORD WON'T YOU BUY ME A MERCEDES BENZ. my friend's all have porsches and that has to end. etc.

if you are in a bar and you have reasonable macho looks, then are the girls impressed with the merc. key fob ? does the merc. brand exhibit security, respect, caring etc. ?

i only know of one female on the site (100% bitch), so we may not get too many answers to these questions, all be it i would value her response.

the big mercs are ideal for car antics unlike the porsches which are useless. i have owned two 911's. it would be really interesting to know if malcolm's merc. has been "christened" ?

my car antics started in a yellow vauxhall cresta hydroglide, bench seat in front and basically an american car, it was a beautifull car, column change , straight six engine, and bird puller max, beach boys playing etc.

no breathaliser, coffee bars, no drugs, no alchohol, happy days. herbiemercman.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
My SL has not been christened,, I do not notice those scantily clad females any more,, I think that the guys fancy the car more that the other sex

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Are mercs. bird pullers?

Yes they most certainly are.

may be this post is for younger members ?

however it is an interesting question.

you must all know the song :- LORD WON'T YOU BUY ME A MERCEDES BENZ. my friend's all have porsches and that has to end. etc.

I thought it was "I must make amends"

if you are in a bar and you have reasonable macho looks, then are the girls impressed with the merc. key fob ? does the merc. brand exhibit security, respect, caring etc. ?

i only know of one female on the site (100% bitch), so we may not get too many answers to these questions, all be it i would value her response.

How about Sarah, Lisa and Lyn? You didn't forget them did you? :(

the big mercs are ideal for car antics unlike the porsches which are useless. i have owned two 911's. it would be really interesting to know if malcolm's merc. has been "christened" ?

my car antics started in a yellow vauxhall cresta hydroglide, bench seat in front and basically an american car, it was a beautifull car, column change , straight six engine, and bird puller max, beach boys playing etc.

no breathaliser, coffee bars, no drugs, no alchohol, happy days. herbiemercman.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
As the song was released in 1971, maybe it relates more to cars of that era & what competition was around then.

As an aside, the song was written to protest the way Mercedes cars are seen as a symbol of materialism. Janis Joplin wrote it to counter the way people find happiness in money and material possessions.

Somewhat ironic that her sister allowed Mercedes to use it in an advert so many years later.

Russ

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
no i don't think - in my young days anyway- that cars were bird pullers-when i met Brian it was his charm,good looks, well mannered ways, intellegence and sense of humour that drew me to him- his beautiful white Mk2 Jaguar had nothing to do with it. He even gave me driving lessons in his beloved car-that's real love-he even gave a forced smile whilst clenching his fists when i reversed into a pillar-that's real love-oh yes they were the days-now after 36 years of marriage- we still share everything-I drive his merc-he drives my merc-I force a smile whilst clenching my fists when he cuts up my leather handbag to repair merc seats. Sorry I drifted off a bit there-I don't think any cars today pull any birds-it's who's driving them that is really important- I don't know what men think of BIRDS driving mercs- but I might try an experiment tomorrow and go for a spin to see if I can pull any old codgers!!!!!!!

Mrs B

Brian has just told me that he did pull birds with his car -but he got all the ugly ones- says a lot for me then!!!!!

Last edited:

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Mine pulled me. :rolleyes:

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Any particular direction you might be going in..love to see that car..which reminds me there is a joke about that ..if i remember it I will post it later in the jokes setion

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
no i don't think - in my young days anyway- that cars were bird pullers-when i met Brian it was his charm,good looks, well mannered ways, intellegence and sense of humour that drew me to him- his beautiful white Mk2 Jaguar had nothing to do with it. He even gave me driving lessons in his beloved car-that's real love-he even gave a forced smile whilst clenching his fists when i reversed into a pillar-that's real love-oh yes they were the days-now after 36 years of marriage- we still share everything-I drive his merc-he drives my merc-I force a smile whilst clenching my fists when he cuts up my leather handbag to repair merc seats. Sorry I drifted off a bit there-I don't think any cars today pull any birds-it's who's driving them that is really important- I don't know what men think of BIRDS driving mercs- but I might try an experiment tomorrow and go for a spin to see if I can pull any old codgers!!!!!!!

Mrs B

Brian has just told me that he did pull birds with his car -but he got all the ugly ones- says a lot for me then!!!!!

thanks Mrs B! you have just totally ruined it for me! im no bird magnet myself and now i know the car wont do it for me either! im totally stuffed! :lol::lol::lol:

maybe i should get a trip to see Malcolm organised! that way i can learn from the master! :rolleyes::lol::cool:

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
In my day, the car to have was a BM* 3 series. Fortunatly my mum had one - that worked a treat! Much better than my Viva but then in those days, any wheels normally did the trick. But yes, somehow girls were more friendly when I was driving that.

The old mans gleaming 380SE made an impression mind. Mercs weren't as common back then and most people only knew them from Dallas.
My girlfriend did a saturday job in a bookie and the manager was a bully who was always trying to put her down about coming from a council estate. I used to pick her up after work, normally in my Viva. One week, the old man had blocked me in, so and rather than move it, he threw me the keys (try getting insurance as an 18 year old today).
I purred up outside, carphone to my ear (not a common sight in the early 80's), and pipped the horn. She looked out and said, oh, thats just my boyfriend. The look on the manager's face was brilliant! He never gave her grief after that.

But no I never had the nerve to christen it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think that MBs are not bird pullers,, Back in the early 70's I had a Chrysler new imperial,,a white convertible and 22 ft long, that used to fill up on its own, and 6 at a time

megah0

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 Diesel...now with less dents!
Pulling a bird in a merc would be really easy, I mean its a ton and a half of car vs a couple of kilos at the most, unless you have an emu or something.

No, the tricky bit is tying the bit of string to the bird without it flying away.

OP
HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
hi brian brian, i enjoyed your post, but why are you posting under brian brian, when you are obviously a lady ?

many men are unwittingly male cheovanists and automattically assume, most of the time incorrectly, that a lady in a big merc is driving her husband's car.

my father in law lives in bulphan, 12 miles north of london and he and his wife have merc cars, may be everyone 12 miles north of london have merc cars. brian hornett who owns hornett brothers on the banks of the thames keeps his big 500's for seven years, and then gives them away.

i once asked his son, who is now my son in law, having married my youngest daughter, do you know how my merc works, he said , no problem, i was born in one, many of the controls, esp. the hand brake ( foot brake) have never changed, merc have always been well ahead of the times. herbiemercman.

P

PanzerMcGrory

Dont know how it can help on a night out? if your an ugly b#astard no car will help. I find my latin looks (from my italian mother) and mouth do the trick ;)

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
Hi Herbiemercman

sorry to have confused you - i am Mrs B - brianbrian's other half. It's not Brianbrian in drag! honest!!!!. I was intrigued to see Brianbrian on his pc -engrossed when he first joined the forum - so i sneak in every now and then - and also read the threads which i find very interesting- i particularly enjoy the witty banter between forum members and the jokes. I also am a Mercedes nut - and like to look at other peoples mercs. Particularly like Lisa J's car - cos she's got taste - i know this because she has a white german shepherd and so do .

So in case I have confused anyone else - when signed - Mrs B it is Brianbrian's wife, not brian in drag - and anyway my dresses wouldn't fit him

Cheers

Mrs B

Sunil_B

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 W202 BLUE with 18inch AMG 5spoke lowered on ebiach springs now looking to get cream leathers
im 21 have a c180 w202 at it most defently turns heads but if it was plan old with out the rims and the pionner sound system and ofcourse the driver it wouldnt have turned the heads of the other sex that easily lol :D

Top Bottom