Are my engine mounts gone?

tristand

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 CDI (C207) 2009
Hi,

Been doing a bit of googling to try and work out why the car is vibrating first thing in the morning.

Here are the symptoms-
* Car starts fine
* Engage Drive, the car vibrates and I hear a bit of squeaking sound from up front in time with the vibration
* Engage Reverse, the vibration is more pronounced as is the squeaking sound
* Put it into Neutral or Park and the vibration and squeaking sound disappears
* Drive for about a mile or two(5-7 minutes) and when in Drive (Stopped in Traffic) the vibration significantly reduced, to the level where it is barely perceivable. The Squeaking sound disappears as well.

I've tried the procedure outlined here http://www.mercedesmedic.com/check_engine_mounts/

There is movement from the engine both in Drive and Reverse, but not to the extent as seen in the video.

I'm hoping that is is the engine mounts and replacement will solve the vibration and noise issues. Gear changes are smooth.

If it is the engine mounts, how much would replacements(3) cost, between £50-£100 each?
What amount of labour should I expect, about 3 hours or so?

Car is a 2006 CLK 200 with 78K miles on the clock.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tristan

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
When the engine mounts have failed the car feels live through the pedals and steering wheel, to be sure its better to put the car on a lift to look at them.

When the car has an engine driven fan, you can measure the gap from the fan blades to the fan shroud all round where they should be the same.

The fitting cost varies from side to side.

nyx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 1998 e240 saloon
im going to do mine in the next month or so. sounds like engine mount symptoms to me though

Top Bottom