Are there any major differences between a 2010 or a 2013 AMG C63??

James ODonovan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG C63
Hey guys,

So I’m about to sell my Cayman S and purchase a way more sensible C63!

I’m probably going to go for the estate
rather than the saloon, but I’m not 100% on this yet, any advice on any issues with estate etc would be appreciated.

My main question is I’ve got around £18-£20k to spend on my car. For this price range I’m looking at 2010, 2011 models or even a 2012 but with higher mileage.

For £2-£3k more I can get a 2012 or 2013 model, with varying specs, LSD or performance pack? etc

Is there a massive difference between a slightly older C63, eg a 2010 model compared to a 2012 model? Or are they pretty much the same and I’m paying more purely because they’re a year or two younger?

Did MB fix any issues or glitches etc in the later models or are they pretty much the same?

If the earlier models are notorious for any issues then I’ll raise the extra cash and get a newer car. But if they’re the same then what’s the point?

Apologies if this thread is driving any MB veterans crazy but I need to know as much about the different years as possible before I commit to buying.

After an RS4 and a Cayman it’s time o invest in a V8 monster!

Any advice tips experience Etc would be most welcome, thanks in advance

James

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome!
In short the answer is no really
They are all W204 variant so not a lot changes, all will have the M156 6.2 V8 NA engine. There were performance pack (P30) and development (P31) variants giving LSD and a few other tweaks. Your budget might be stretched.personally I’d stretch it with that in mind as they are more desirable
The engine had the infamous stretch bolt issue primarily on engine numbers 60658 and earlier but conversely a lot will have been fixed by now . Due diligence on that.
Estates are quite rare

OP
J

James ODonovan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG C63
Thanks for the reply John. I’ll cast my net a bit wider and start looking at the saloon as well as the estate.

There’s a 2011 61 black estate going on auto trader for £19,500, which looks amazing and I think is ideal for me, I’m just curious if there were any cosmetic changes as the years went on, I’m looking at the front ends of a 2011 and a 2013 and I can’t see any, but maybe it’s my untrained eye?!? Same goes with the interior I can’t see that much difference.

The performance pack and the LSD options are just out of my price range they’re £23k upwards and I think my max is going to be £21k.

Maybe I should wait and put a bit more cash away, I don’t want to regret not having the perfroemnce pack or LSD in 6 months!

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
A 2010 will be a pre-facelift C63 and a 2013 will be a post facelift.

With the facelift you get many changes, the biggest being the MCT gearbox over the standard 7g-tronic.

You get a few styling changes, and updated command system, as well as colour dash display and a few other bits.

IMO the PP Prefacelift cars are too hard, I would try and stretch for standard facelift, then give us a call to extract 500+ BHP through a re-map. Quaife make a LSD that can be retrofitted for not too much cash as well.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom