Are You an Addict?

paulthetester

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1994 E280
What is it about mercs that is so addictive? My story is that I bought a 1990 merc E230 18 months ago, sold it got an E280 1993 and I'm so in love with it. Best of it is I've been a mechanic for 19 years and been and mot tester since 1995 but I'd never really given them much time until I owned one.

Just wondering what other peoples reasons for loving mercs so much is.

paulthetester

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
simple-quality! Took my 1994 W124 220TE for the MOT at lunchtime today-I went though it extra thoroughly with tester - spot on everything just like a 3 year old car if not better -headlight adjustment spot on -brake tests no play in bearings or suspension--emmision tests bang on all green after a few seconds revving--its now showing 80,016 miles though !!
I gave it a bit of a run on the way home -hit the kickdown (always brings a smile to my face)
( Its now tucked away back in the garage ) and thats one of the reasons I wear a silver chain and star round my neck and have done for the last 20years.

Last edited:

lexington013

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 CLK 230 kompressor Avantgarde 6 speed manual with loads of factory options!
I have a company Audi A4 (2007) and a private C180 W202 (1998). Much prefer my sunday driving in my merc !!!!!!!! So well put together and always gets comments on the condition its in.:lol:

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
I'm fortunate to own two.

I still smile when I look down the long bonnet on the S and see the 3-pointed star!

Why Mercedes? - Quality!! :D

shrek37

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 td est 1988 avantgarde, astra est 1.3 td 6 speed 2006.
value for money

I bought my 1999 e300td estate auto at the very end of last year for second hand old fiesta money. Its got leather and every extra going , pulls 40 +mpg on a run and 30+around town and pulls the caravan with consumate ease. And best of all I LOVE to drive it.:):):)

EGBM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS 320 CDI
Always wanted one. Got one.

Now I get it.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Always wanted one. Got one. Now I get it.

It is a bit like identifying your preference for anything - you know the right one when you see it, you don't want to change it for any other one and if you do try a different one (restaurant, holiday) you then realize that you did already have the choice that suited you best - and you go back to it, less likely ever to stray again. :)

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
I went to North Wales and back yesterday for a day trip out with Mum and 2 of her friends..
I wish I had a pound for every time Mums friends said "Oh what a lovely smooth car, isnt it comfortable"..etc, etc.
The re-enforce what I sometimes take for granted..

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
I have driven many, many cars these past 40 + years, some quirky,Frisky, Renault 4, 2CV, some monsters, E type V12, MGBGT V8, some luxury, RR, Bentley but, my S500L had it all, in spades.

This is why I am so very miffed with MB for the pantomime I have endured these past years.

I will be implementing Part II Monday. MB might have a tried and tested method of dealing with "unhappy" customers, but, MB have yet to recognise that I will not "give up" no matter how long or how much it will cost.

Planning and implementation is my forte!

I like to think that I will be helping other MB owners who have a justifiable complaint with MB. For instance, "the body damage was on your car when it came in", substandard repairs and fatuous "Goodwill" offers.

EGBM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS 320 CDI
I went to North Wales and back yesterday for a day trip out with Mum and 2 of her friends..
I wish I had a pound for every time Mums friends said "Oh what a lovely smooth car, isnt it comfortable"..etc, etc.
The re-enforce what I sometimes take for granted..

Had almost exactly the same experience myself yesterday, Simon. I don't think I've taken it for granted but I do feel a bit daft that I didn't get my hands on one sooner. Still, here's to the future eh? :cool:

OP
P

paulthetester

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1994 E280
Please Keep your stories coming I like reading what Merc's mean to you all.

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Please Keep your stories coming I like reading what Merc's mean to you all.

Thanks

You arrive in comfort and style, no matter what the age or model of the car is

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
I just think they're so sexy.

Oh, and the noise!

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Wow Factor

Driveability, comfort, space, ambience, quiet, smooth mover, solid, safe and satisfying - what more could one want as one reaches the pinnacle of ones life - in my case 6.8 decades;):cool::cool:

Robert if you are reading this post please please try and refrain from hi-jacking such posts as this with your undoubted sad story which is well documented in other posts, thanks and have a good weekend.

Juddian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124CE/1996/3199cc/LPG'd
I'm not an addict, but even though i toy with getting a different car i still can't bear to part with my W124 coupe.

It's the combination that's so difficult to replace.

Smooth supple and very comfortable, effortless pleasant cruise drive in relative silence and all in a quite small package.
Press the loud pedal to the floor and the car accelerates at a tremendous pace for a small 3.2 engine but the refinement is still there, the engine gives a lovely growl, it sticks like the proverbial to the road (17" quality rubber make a huge difference) with immensly powerful brakes and still a refined ride....basically any car you want without drama or attention seeking.
Have many really pushed their cars on fast bends at high speed, it's quite astonishing just how stable these cars are.

I had the dreaded wiring loom and resultant ECU problem which clouded my view for a long time, but my son made me realise just how reliable and inexpensive this car has really been over the last 7 or so years...helped in no small way by having a superb very old school indy.

She'll take a lot of replacing, i'm not sure it will be a Benz..but a C32 AMG could just tempt me..

SSR S500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2002/V8
Looks the part, drives very well, quite, smooth, comfortable, spacious, double glazed and last but not least a 5litre V8 with 300+bhp

Top Bottom