Assistance with OEM for C class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Reaction score
I am endeavouring to build up a list of Original Equipment Manufacturers for the C Class particularly for consumables - brake pads,discs,dampers,springs,filters etc. etc.
If anyone can contribute I would be most grateful.

OP
A

Anonymous

Reaction score
My word! So I am the only person who replaces consumable items on his car,himself! I can only assume that all the other forum members trot off to their local official MB dealer & pay the usual astronomers rates.I am not being sarcastic at all but am amazed that in a Club forum such as this, DIY is not undertaken...or perhaps it is & OEM spares are not being utilised.
Ernest

OP
A

Anonymous

Reaction score
Where do you want to start?

Filters are made by either Hengst, Knecht, Mann and Hummel or purflux.

Spark Plugs are either Bosch, Champion or Beru

Pads by Textar or Pagid or Jurid

Discs are ground by MB themselves

Clutches are Fischer and Sachs

Shocks are Boge, Sachs or Bilstein

Lights are ULO, Bosch Hella, Valeo, Or Magnetti marelli

The List is endless!!

simon

Reaction score
Thanks David,
That is a very helpful start.I should have been more specific with my "Consumable spares" I do not want a full list of components that have been known to fail-just the common items that are frequently replaced as a matter of routine  & please dont tell me that all the spares listed in your German & Swedish Brochure are common replacements or I will be looking at a dreaded Lexus.
I must admit to an element of confusion between OEM & other manufacturers(German made & OE standard etc) in yours & other brochures, that are not clearly depicted,because I have no wish to deviate from non OE parts whilst my car remains under MB guarantee & indeed there is always the question of quality to be considered.
I freely admit that many of the manufacturers names such as Purflux,Hummel,Beru are hitherto unknown to me but once it is established that they OEM. well, I shall buy with confidence thank you.

davealtree

Reaction score
Hi,

I too am prepare to do some maintenance on my Mercedes, I have done this with my previous car, a 190e, but have only just purchased a c36, so I have not had to replace anything yet!  

I have bought Discs and Pads from Eurocarparts, but always buy Ate, OEM equipment.  Also I replaced the ignition leads and distributor parts, again OEM, but I don't remember the manufacturer.  But as I say, these were for the 190e.

I hope this helps.

DaveA
'97 c36

T HARGREAVES

Reaction score
i have a c250 d and a 190d both with over 200.000 miles on them and do all my own repairs most resently the diff on the 250 and all rear bushes on th 190 and use europarts or german & swedish as they will tell you what is what

T HARGREAVES

Reaction score
i have a c250 d and a 190d both with over 200.000 miles on them and do all my own repairs most resently the diff on the 250 and all rear bushes on th 190 and use europarts or german & swedish as they will tell you what is what

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom