assyst madness one day its a b service the next a c!

toby_tobias

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 sport e250. (miss the e320 w211)
I am a bit confused by my assyst readings,

I have a few thousand miles left to service day but one day it reads b service and the next c service then back to a b a few days later, my glow plugs are playing up and I am due to change them all in a few weeks, does anyone think that that would account for the variation in assyst??

I am guessing that a c service is going to be several more hundreds of pounds than a B?

By the way it's mainly short town driving.

Thanks for any views.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Some info on your car would be good!!

OP
T

toby_tobias

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Its a e320 w211 estate avantgade 53 plate 80,000

running synthetic oil, full service history

thanks

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
The letters don't mean much these days. I had a C+ showing and that was billed as an A so it may even be a possible downgrade!. Assyst can change it's mind as it takes time as well as mileage into account so you may have passed some threshold or other or else it assumed you would and you haven't. Cost will swing more on what filters and fluids were or weren't changed within the last 2 years, plus brake condition than on anything that assyst says.

mercglas

Reaction score
I am a bit confused by my assyst readings,

I have a few thousand miles left to service day but one day it reads b service and the next c service then back to a b a few days later, my glow plugs are playing up and I am due to change them all in a few weeks, does anyone think that that would account for the variation in assyst??

I am guessing that a c service is going to be several more hundreds of pounds than a B?

By the way it's mainly short town driving.

Thanks for any views.

The ASSYST system fitted to the E-Class is different from that fitted to other earlier cars. (although all the cars moved over to a similar version)

I can tell you that the letters "A" or "B" or "C" (and anything up to "H" in fact) do not signify any particular service! They were originally intended to indicate to a Bookings Clark a realistic time to allocate for the workshop loading system. They do not show what is to be done or what parts are to be fitted.

The dealers use a system called ESS to work out precisely what is to be done and this system can be found on the Mercedes website (as one of the other replies quotes)

OP
T

toby_tobias

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
thank you,

Its really interesting, as the assyst seems to be quite complex in how it works out service intervals, changing them all the time.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom