Assyst question

P

pss

My 2007 CLS 320CDi has done 19,000 miles with it's first service carried out at around 13,000 miles (by previous owner). The next service was showing to be due in around 8000 miles until the other day when it suddenly flashed up as Service D due in 26 days? Is this due to it being 2 years old shortly and the system overides miles with time? If so it is rather disappointing as I only do a low mileage.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
They changed from 2 years max to 1 year max around the time yours was made. When was the last service carried out, that will tell you what yours is on.

Russ

carabind

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e class
assyst kicks off with so many miles remaining, but if you do low miles, it will start counting down days within the last month . Youre into that, hence the 26 days.
Mine is showing 1000 miles to go,which is right as going by the calendar, its not due till November. Apparently you can do up to one month over without invalidating the warranty

OP
P

pss

thanks

Thanks for yor answers. If they use synthetic oil for the oil change it seems criminal to discard it after just 7000miles. can you request MB to use a cheaper oil when such a low mileage is covered annually?
Paul

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Thanks for yor answers. If they use synthetic oil for the oil change it seems criminal to discard it after just 7000miles. can you request MB to use a cheaper oil when such a low mileage is covered annually?
Paul

Supply your own Mobil 1, £23 for 4 litres from Costco, I would prefer to use Mobil 1 in mine & have supplied it to MB rather than pay them £15 a litre for it.

Russ

OP
P

pss

Mobil Oil

Thanks, I have just got 5l of Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel 0W/40 from Halfords for £ £38. At least that will save me a bit on the service.
Paul

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
if anything, a little used car needs even better oil not lesser.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom