ATF change - should I change the pilot bush whilst I'm there?

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
When was it changed?
If it was late enough would it not have the latest mod?
Does it mention the part number on any paperwork or anything to cross reference with EPC?

Mine was changed in May 2008, just listed as warranty repair, no further info, sorry.

Russ

OP
lulu

lulu

Reaction score
I changed both the ATF and pilot bush today.
Well, when I say 'I', what I really mean is Dave at MBS did.
By the time I'd got into my overalls to borrow their ramp, he'd virtually done it all for me! Thank you very much again Dave. Cole had scarpered to avoid me (I think!)

Anyway, just as well the pilot bush was changed since it had started to leak (2005 & 67,000miles), but not caused a nasty problem just yet. The old one had the white 'O' rings that appeared to be made of silicone (?) and were very unsatisfactory. The new one had rubber 'O' rings, far more substantial. Apparently, rubber 'O' rings were their original choice before they started experimenting with cheaper materials.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
I changed both the ATF and pilot bush today.
Well, when I say 'I', what I really mean is Dave at MBS did.
By the time I'd got into my overalls to borrow their ramp, he'd virtually done it all for me! Thank you very much again Dave. Cole had scarpered to avoid me (I think!)

Anyway, just as well the pilot bush was changed since it had started to leak (2005 & 67,000miles), but not caused a nasty problem just yet. The old one had the white 'O' rings that appeared to be made of silicone (?) and were very unsatisfactory. The new one had rubber 'O' rings, far more substantial. Apparently, rubber 'O' rings were their original choice before they started experimenting with cheaper materials.

And thank you for the tea and lovely pub lunch Steve, that was lovely grub!!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom