1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attaching Sat Nav Sensor

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Happiechappie, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Happiechappie

Happiechappie Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E320 CDI Sport
    Hi Folks

Apologies for the daft question. I'm about to stick a new sat nav sensor under the dash on top of the instrument cluster (W211 08model). I don't know what I'll find when I get in there but I don't want to do it twice. The failed sensor was stuck on top of the dash adjacent to the parking sensor display. It was attached with a pad of some sort which stuck like sh1t to a blanket. The residue was really tough to get off. I don't want to use anything too heavy duty under the dash (contact adhesive etc). I've got no idea what the original sticky pad was but it certainly did the job. I can't find any obvious substitute in DIY places. Could somebody tell me please what would normally be used for this purpose. Keith:lol:

2. npuk

npuk Guest

Double sided sticky pad many antennas come with one already attached to the bottom. Or if you want it to be removeable instead use a velcro pad.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012