Audio Connections

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
Are the connections to my Audio 10 unit 'standard' euro type connections?
Thinking of replacing the Audio 10 cassette player with something a tad more modern, with blutooth for my phone.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes they are pretty much standard,,all ICE shops keep any adapter if needed

OP
harpersimon

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
So easy as remove old unit and replace, using the more traditional cage setup? (I have seen the removal instruction where you have to take the dash apart to remove the existing unit..)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes as easy as that. many do it,,do find a unit that is in keeping with the dash

OP
harpersimon

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
oh for sure! I am not 18 (no offence) and going to replace with blackpool illuminations - just want something with an aux port, CD and blutooth as this is my daily work car.
I dont need the neighbours to hear it - and the existing system is by far good enough if I can find a head unit to drive the speakers as well as the audio 10

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Yes as easy as that. many do it,,do find a unit that is in keeping with the dash

i changed my blaupunkt one (the original hadnt a code with it and i wanted a cd system anyhow) for a jvc radio cassette with 12 disc cd changer in the boot. only thing that makes it look out of place is that when its on it illuminates green, not the usual orangey yellow colour. same system in halfords last time i looked was available for the huge sum of..............£100! :cool::cool::shock::shock:

OP
harpersimon

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
thats the sort of thing, although don't need the CD element as all my music is now in MP3 format - just need something that can connect to a few hundred gb of disc space :)

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
you might need to wire a permanent live

to the iso connector, but other than that, it is plain sailing all along. The beckers and blaupunkts don't need a switched live, as they recall the radio info w/out it. A blue tooth set up might need switched live for all the phone nos and to be able to work when switched off as well. You can pick it up from the cigar lighter light feed, nice and close by.

Last edited:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i didnt have a computer when i bought it so mp3 format wasnt an option for me at the time! however the system will (apparrently) play cd's written in mp3 format. could mean a trip to a download site at some stage!

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
to the iso connector, but other than that, it is plain sailing all along. The beckers and blaupunkts don't need a perm live, as they recall the radio info w/out it. A blue tooth set up might need perm live for all the phone nos and to be able to work when switched off as well. You can pick it up from the cigar lighter light feed, nice and close by.

mine was plug and play. perm live was already there. cant say if the same is the case for a w203 though

OP
harpersimon

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
your in business then. hardest part is transferring all the music you have into mp3! not hard.. just boring!

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
im just going to keep my current cd's and anything i download (i think!) comes as an mp3, even when its downloaded to cd. best of both worlds then i guess! untill something goes wrong with either the system or the car. it may have to last me an awfully long time!

OP
harpersimon

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
just remember to burn the downloaded stuff to cd as mp3 (file) then, not as audio cd format. Most burning software will think you want an audio cd by default

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
it makes no difference to me which format they download as to be honest!the burning software i have is part of the windows media player on windows vista. there may be another ive downloaded somewhere, not sure. i got the computer (my first ever!) and as soon as i got my modem etc i joined this forum. thats as far as my computer knowledge extends!

OP
harpersimon

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
Oh right - ok what I mean is there are essentially 2 different ways to put music files you have downloaded onto a CD. 1. As files (same as downloaded) if you have a player that will play raw mp3 - then you get several hundred on your average 700Mb CD
..or 2. as Audio tracks - meaning you get 12-14 on a CD like a shop bought one.

Your best bet is to just chuck the mp3 files onto a cd as you have a head unit that will read them - then you get hours of musical entertainment from one CD
Any computer questions you need help with fire away

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
I remember having to find a switched live

to fit the parrot bluetooth. Excuse my previous post as I got my live and switched all mixed up.
I went and got it from the cigar lighter feed. w210 and w202

OP
harpersimon

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
I think someone has put a cassette back in where a CD player was in my car - why else would there be a fitted CD storage bin in the glove comp.?
TV did you manage to assess if an Aux can be plugged in somehow to an Audio 10 (happy days) or am I off to halfords for a new boom box :)

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
the aux connections on an Audio 10

work the cd changer in the boot. 2 types, elctronic control, or fibre optic control. In theory, you could fool the electronic type into thinking whatever you have is a cd changer, by piggy-backing into the correct input connections. I don't think you can do it with the fibre optic type though.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have sent you the pin outs for the radio via Email:D

Top Bottom