Audio upgrade CLK

mic1wales

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 05 320 cdti
Hi folks,
Unfortunately the Ngt2 in my 55plate 320 keeps overheating and shutting down ( there is a warning saying that the audio which mentions audio gateway ) Having purchased the wrong Ntg2 as a straight swap fix ( this one is fof a W203 ). I am looking at an aftermarket android 10.0. If anyone has any knowledge of these I would be grateful for any feedback tips?

Mike

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210218-162306_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210218-162306_Chrome.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 11

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Do a search on the forum. Lots of mixed comments. Personally I think they are dreadful, cheap, nasty and often fail to fulfill their promise.

BTW you can swap the front plate of your existing comand with the W203 one and it will then fit nicely and retain the genuine look and feel of the car. Five minute job to swap it over! Then sell the old one on ebay for spares or repair.

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
I have an Erisin one which is one of the more expensive ‘cheap’ makes which I would recommend over the lower spec ones which will certainly disappoint.
It was around £300 and I couldn’t be happier with it.
It does everything you could want while retaining the OEM look.
You will find a lot of people who have ‘heard’ of people who have a negative experience but I have not seen any tbh.
Do search the forum though as some installed OEM equipment is easier to replace than others.
If you have no fibre optics, Bose or Harman Kardon it will be pretty much plug & play.

OP
M

mic1wales

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 05 320 cdti
Do a search on the forum. Lots of mixed comments. Personally I think they are dreadful, cheap, nasty and often fail to fulfill their promise.

BTW you can swap the front plate of your existing comand with the W203 one and it will then fit nicely and retain the genuine look and feel of the car. Five minute job to swap it over! Then sell the old one on ebay for spares or repair.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Just a thought, could it not be as simple as taking the old unit out and giving it a good vacuum around the inlet where the fan is, it could just be clogged up with dust (the killer of such fan cooled components).

OP
M

mic1wales

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 05 320 cdti

Thanks for the reply.I am slightly embarrassed, I rushed into buying a replacement without research ( on here for instance doh ) anyway I now realise I have the ngt2 with 254mm top in the car and have purchased a 260mm W203 replacement. I am going to try the transplant of front screen I dont know if the body dimensions are the same until I get around to removing it again. I'll let you know how it goes

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom