Auto occasionally going into first

Fearthegrimp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clc200
Hi folks, newbie he so please be kind! I was going someone can help with an odd problemi have with my 2010 CLC200 Kompressor auto...
Occasionally, about once a month, after I've been driving normally in Comfort, I'll stop at lights then notice after pulling away that it's gone from "D" into "1" and I have to press the button to go back into comfort mode! Any idea what's causing this?? Thanks

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome!
Have you got flappy paddle shifters behind your steering wheel by any chance?

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Is that unusual?

My car always selects first gear when stationary no matter what mode.

I have seen enough posts to know these cars vary, some do not select 1st gear but use 2nd most of the time.

It’s like magic and wizardry to me though.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
F

Fearthegrimp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clc200
I don't think I'm tapping them by accident (that's what I initially thought). I've had an auto C180 in the past and don't ever recall this happening.... Suppose it's not impossible though. The CLC has only done 29k and has a full indy service history. Just wanted to make sure this isn't a symptom of something underlying.... Thanks folks.

OP
F

Fearthegrimp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clc200
Usually when I drive in comfort mode, the dash display usually shows D, even when it's going through the gears. When this thing happens, I notice the car isn't automatically gearing up and the D has changed to 1. I have noticed a slight flicker on the display too. Probably unrelated??

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Hi folks, newbie he so please be kind! I was going someone can help with an odd problemi have with my 2010 CLC200 Kompressor auto...
Occasionally, about once a month, after I've been driving normally in Comfort, I'll stop at lights then notice after pulling away that it's gone from "D" into "1" and I have to press the button to go back into comfort mode! Any idea what's causing this?? Thanks

my fathers w211 did this to me twice recently.... was wondering if the passenger or me with a heavy coat had nudged lever sideways...

and on mine twice in last 6 months... often after some arm twiddling manoeuvres, and I wondered if I had tagged the switched on the back of the wheel...

however all 4 occasions I think the real culprit is merc designed to fail "enhancements" rearing their head

OP
F

Fearthegrimp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clc200
Thanks, seems like nothing to worry about then . Have a splendid evening folks...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom