Auto wing mirrors resetting help please.

mattmercclk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 280 2006
Hi all,

I have just bought a 2006 clk 280 that has auto wing mirrors.
i pressed the button to open them whilst they were open (as i was playing with buttons to see what they do rather than reading the manual) they then closed. so i tried pushing the other button (the one i now know to be the close button) and nothing happened. the wing mirrors would not then reopen with either button pressed and to continue my journey i had to just push them in place (whicvh they went quite easily and not forced). from this position they still close when the close button is pressed ( in fact it tries to close to far and the mirror jumps as it trying to close further than possible.) But again they will not reopen.
i am thinking because they do still move to close with the button that maybe they computer that controls it needs resetting to put it in the correct position if that makes sense. When i manual move the wing mirrors they sit very loose as they are not locked in place.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

Matt

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome :D:D

I think they just need to be lubricated in the parts that they swivel on, use PTFE or Silicon,,have someone operate the switch while you give a helping hand and they should run OK

OP
M

mattmercclk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 280 2006
thanks for the quick reply.

But they shut when i press the open button when i have manually moved them to open????

any thoughts?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Then the most common fault are broken wire within the mirror.

There is a post in the DIY section on fixing these wires

ChrisCLK200

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk200
Hi all,

I have just bought a 2006 clk 280 that has auto wing mirrors.
i pressed the button to open them whilst they were open (as i was playing with buttons to see what they do rather than reading the manual) they then closed. so i tried pushing the other button (the one i now know to be the close button) and nothing happened. the wing mirrors would not then reopen with either button pressed and to continue my journey i had to just push them in place (whicvh they went quite easily and not forced). from this position they still close when the close button is pressed ( in fact it tries to close to far and the mirror jumps as it trying to close further than possible.) But again they will not reopen.
i am thinking because they do still move to close with the button that maybe they computer that controls it needs resetting to put it in the correct position if that makes sense. When i manual move the wing mirrors they sit very loose as they are not locked in place.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

Matt
Hi, im having the same problem now,how did you solve it ??
Thanks in advance

Top Bottom