B class fuel gauge not working

srg70

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class/2007/1800
My wifes B class has been fantastic and until now it has been problem free. :)

unfortunately the fuel gauge has stopped working and is stuck on empty with the digital readout saying that it is in reserve.

has anyone had this issue and if so are there any suggestions/answers, hopefully without the need to go to the dealership !:(

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
By the lack of replies it doesn't look like it's a common problem! However, if the fuel guage is the only electrical problem you have, I would be looking to the tank sensor as the culprit.

In the 'old days' you could test by shorting the signal wire to earth and the guage would then read to full. Nowadays things might be a bit more complicated and it might be best tested with a meter which tests continuity. It is important that you test on the signal wire and not the live feed.

Hopefully somebody with more experience of these cars will help further.

Ernie

jok5r

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B200 Turbo 2006
Did you ever get this sorted? My wife's has just done the same thing. Put in fuel at 2 different garages (in case one didn't pump any fuel) and the reading stays on empty with the red light on, and distance remaining is 0 miles.

OP
S

srg70

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class/2007/1800
Thankfully the problem fixed itself and hasn't come back so i dont have any suggestions, sorry.

Irresistance

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W220 320CDI
Our gauge in the W210 sometimes decides to show up to 50% less than there actually is in the tank. Never more, always less. A restart of the car generally fixes this. Or a lot of patience as it goes up to the correct value at a rate of 1L per 2 minutes ;)

Top Bottom