B-Class Petrol Owners

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
Hey folks,

Just after some honest driver feedback and reviews of B-Class drivers.

We're looking to upgrade my Dad's car soon to comply with Birmingham CAZ, so will be upgrading to something from a W204 which is his current drive.

One of the car's on the shortlist is a Petrol engined B-Class in Automatic form so would be great to hear what your thoughts are, common problems, what to look for, what not to look for, etc, and how it compares against the W204 CDI.

We'll be looking at something 2013 onwards, preferably around 15/65/16/66-reg.

Many thanks.

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
No one ??

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Not sure there are many on here?
My experience was very brief in 2014...I was given one by MB (via Enterprise ) when my E died. It was so horrible I had to give it back after a day, then they found me a GLA which was so much better. Appreciate they will have improved since that model...

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Not a big fan of the 'B', in fact it is my least liked car in the MB range. That is only me though, and obviously John, I just don't need a van with windows. Sorry.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
I remember the old B class was not so great, but the newer B's actually look OK. But never driven one.

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Hi,
We have a B180 d, my 2015.
The car imho is really good, tis roomy, comfy, just a nice size for towns yet big enough to travel in too. The boot is a decent size.
The memory seat pack gives you comfort, lumbar support, the parking pack is useful and auto air con would be the better option. Pano roof if desired.
Looks wise, ours is the AMG line, is black and again imho looks okay. Not the best but there’s worse looking out there.
Not driven a petrol one but the auto box, 7sp is good. Our one returns about 55mpg.
I wouldn’t choose the 180d again, would go with the 200d or petrol. I would be tempted to get a B45 AMG, (Brabus do one), if I had the need and space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scenic98

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B/2015/180
Hey folks,

We're looking to upgrade my Dad's car soon to comply with Birmingham CAZ, so will be upgrading to something from a W204 which is his current drive.

One of the car's on the shortlist is a Petrol engined B-Class in Automatic form so would be great to hear what your thoughts are, common problems, what to look for, what not to look for, etc, and how it compares against the W204 CDI.

Many thanks.
Hi Wearsafoxhat. I bought a B 180 petrol my 2015, automatic, in July. As owner for this short period I have been delighted for its value. Compared to other carmarks in the category I think the quality inside is firm and nice looking and it has plenty of room for 4 pers. I like the gearshift next to the steering wheel instead of between the seats. Gives a feeling of more space. Only regret is the the small engine, but it is not a problem on daily basis. Hope you´ll find the right car for your dad.

Timeandleisure

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2003 R230, E400d 4MATIC Coupe 2021
My mum had two one after the other but they were diesels and seemed to go for miles on very little fuel, now in a GLA with B (Petrol), on order... you get a lot of bang for your buck. Many options as standard, which on some are extra such as partaking itself for you. Spacious, minimal pillar obstruction to drivers view. Comfortable seating. hence reverting back to the B from the GLA, easy to get into and out of. Lots of good things to say... can’t really fault it from a practical point of view...

OP
Vx-Man-G

Vx-Man-G

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class CDI
I can tell you I sell lots of B classes here of both petrol and diesel variants with auto and manual trannys. Good little cars and give us very little grief.
Thank you, we're still on the hunt but just holding back for now as pricing is sky rocket high at the minute.

McClure

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 B Class 1600
Hey folks,

Many thanks.
I have 2014 B 180 with 47000 on the clock. Preciously had C Classes. This is a GREAT car with loads of room and is easy to get into and out of. Drives very well. We regularly do the trip from Dublin to Belfast >Ferry>Liverpool to Colchester.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom