B180 Reverse Lights constantly on

charanb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B180 B/E 2010
Hi Guys,

New to the forum and looking for some assistance

We have a 2010 B180 BlueE which is a Manual

Having an issue with the Reverse Lights, I've check the bulbs and fuse which are fine, my father in-law replaced the Reserve Light Switch, he said that it was disconnected previously but went on to replace the switch anyway. Since its been changed the reverse lights constantly stay on

Hope you can help

Charan

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
It reads like there maybe a problem inside the gearbox , i take the lights go off when the switch is disconnected ?

OP
C

charanb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B180 B/E 2010
It reads like there maybe a problem inside the gearbox , i take the lights go off when the switch is disconnected ?

Hi, yes that's right when the switch is disconnected the lights go off. When you say a problem inside the gearbox would this require the gearbox to be removed?

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Ok , its stands to reason if the switch wss replaced with new then the only answer can be inside the box itself ! Ive never heard of any manual car with this issue , its usually the switch , may i suggest you triple check the switch for fitment / operation before doing anything else

Trev1964

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 250 cdi estate 2013
My stab in the dark is a wiring fault.
Wire rubbed through somewhere and going to earth.
That's assuming its an earth to the switch and not a live.
Much like a fuel sender unit wire when earthed reads a full tank all the time...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom