B200 Fuel Gauge Fault

Jules55012

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Silver SL55 AMG 2003, Blue B200 2006
Hi everyone
I've searched the forum without joy for this problem thats turned up on the B200. Has anyone had this on a B200 or other model?

The fuel light was on and range read 0 miles, nothing new there and we have done some miles past 0 before now. However this wasnt one of those days and we put £15 in and drove away.

I must admit not looking at the guage but we drove 10 miles and the light was on again and range reading 0 miles…

I'm wondering if this sounds like an eleectrical fault? I'm guessing its an electric sensor on these rather than a float?

Could it be a fuse problem?

Thanks
Jules

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It could be the float in the tank, sometimes injection cleaner will sort it if not broken and just dirty contacts

Suki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W251, S211 320 cdi Avantgarde (2005), W202 250 td (now sold), W245 with lots of extras
Hiya,
I have a b200 55 plate. I have not seen this as yet, but if I had I would check he items as described by Malcolm.
Suki

OP
J

Jules55012

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It could be the float in the tank, sometimes injection cleaner will sort it if not broken and just dirty contacts

Thanks Malcolm

Is this the type of cleaner you add straight into the fuel tank?

Hope your well

Jules

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes it is and all garages sell it, its worth a try and it has worked many times

OP
J

Jules55012

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Malcolm I will give it a go

Cheers
Jules

Malcolm
Back to the age old issue of the leaky SL. I bought the bonding stuff a couple of years ago following your advice when my SL became a submarine…

Since then its been in a garage and with full of good intentions to do it, but its now out in the open again and vunerable.

I know your a wiz at this and have done it many times before and wondered if you would consider doing mine with me this summer? Obviously if you are able to I will gratefully recompense you for your time and expertese.

Regards
Jules

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Malcolm
Back to the age old issue of the leaky SL. I bought the bonding stuff a couple of years ago following your advice when my SL became a submarine…

Since then its been in a garage and with full of good intentions to do it, but its now out in the open again and vunerable.

I know your a wiz at this and have done it many times before and wondered if you would consider doing mine with me this summer? Obviously if you are able to I will gratefully recompense you for your time and expertese.

Regards
Jules

I still have huge problems at home with Lilian, things are getting better, I would love to do the car but I never know how any day is going to be, would you mind asking again a bit later.

OP
J

Jules55012

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Malcolm
Of course, I totally understand and hope things continue to get better at home with Lilian
Regards
Jules

stressulf

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 C200
I have a-95 c 200 and my fuel gauge have a srange behaviour, showing full after tanking but after some kms the gameover light for fuel starts flashing and after tanking som 10-15 litres it goes back to fullonve more. any suggestionsout there?

Wheel

Reaction score
Website
oldmusicvideos.blogspot.com
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B200 Sport
The fuel light was on and range read 0 miles, nothing new there and we have done some miles past 0 before now. However this wasnt one of those days and we put £15 in and drove away.
Interesting. I have a 2011 B160 and when I get below about 20 or so miles to go the display changes. I don't drive on the orange light often, but I think the countdown is replaced by a message saying something like "Low fuel, refuel immediately" or something similar.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom