B5 Service

malagabob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a200 amg 2014
Any Idea how much a B5 service is. And what does the 5 stand for. 2014 A class. Thanks.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
B is the bigger service and as above ....

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
As its 4 years old I think its a B service with a new air and fuel filter and also brake fluid change. The Mercedes website should tell you the price but beware as its only as good as the details previously entered.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
May be worth giving Steve at Avantagarde Mercedes near Bristol a ring as a respected Indy , may save a fair few £ :D .

Streetfighter1100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Convertible
Well I just put in my car details and got a quote for the service I had done 3 months ago.
MB quoted me over double the price of my friends independent MB garage i went to. I must also state, I did not get charged reduced rates.
Looking at what is done in the service, it is money for nothing.
I have decided to service my car myself from now on, not only as it will save me money, but also because I trust my mechanical skills on my own car than anybody else. I will also know what HAS been done and not hope its been done.
I am not saying everybody should do their own servicing, as some people will do more damage than good.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Well I just put in my car details and got a quote for the service I had done 3 months ago.
MB quoted me over double the price of my friends independent MB garage i went to. I must also state, I did not get charged reduced rates.
I have decided to service my car myself from now on, not only as it will save me money, but also because I trust my mechanical skills on my own car than anybody else. I will also know what HAS been done and not hope its been done.
I am not saying everybody should do their own servicing, as some people will do more damage than good.
If you’re going that route keep the parts invoices and detail your services which might help when you come to resell the car
Folks are often not attracted to a car which has been self serviced especially with no evidence....

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
I would say that most people choose their car on mileage and service history. Once you've decided what model you want, you look at a few, drive a few, decide how much money you're willing to spend and take the plunge.

If you take over the servicing entirely, you take away an important reference for prospective buyers. I guess you'll have saved a pile of money on garage bills, but you'll probably take a hit on resale.

If you plan on keeping the car for many years, the balance is tipped strongly in favour of self servicing, as long as you're a wizard mechanic with all the gear.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I know what you mean with MB service costs , i went the self service route about 3 years ago , both cars are now 9 years old and i still plan to keep them another few years , when they will be worth less than nothing whoever serviced them :D .
I use genuine parts and keep the receipts, and detail the work done . Both cars are immaculate . MB Grangemouth do a good mention the forum discount , also MB Newcastle ebay is a good site . Try ebay for the 20L tubs of MB oil at spec 229.5/51 . Only downside is i now tend to "over service" the cars especially as service parts are reasonably priced !

Streetfighter1100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 Convertible
Thanks for your input about self servicing. I have been a mechanic for 34 years now and can take an engine and auto box apart and rebuild it. I am not planning on selling it, just like all of my motorcycles, one of which I have had 32 years and is still as new.
I do keep receipts and as Wighty I too over service.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks for your input about self servicing. I have been a mechanic for 34 years now and can take an engine and auto box apart and rebuild it. I am not planning on selling it, just like all of my motorcycles, one of which I have had 32 years and is still as new.
I do keep receipts and as Wighty I too over service.
In your situation then it is a no brainer ...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom