Back to a CLK

cocothecat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Focus, CLK 230, 911, Spitfire MK II
Hi first post! After sometime playing with classic cars and crashing my M5 I've been without a car for 2 years now. So last week I went out and bought a CLK.

I bought a 99 CLK 230 (W208), 122,000 miles on the clock just passed MOT no problems and has had a full service history last done at 121,000 miles. No rust etc

Anything I should be aware of, have checked it out myself and seems to be fine and drives like a dream.

Have a great week all

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
Welcome to the forum.

First bit of advice would be to check and see if the automatic transmission fluid has been changed recently (ATF) - probably not mentioned in the service history, look for receipts. This isn't done as part of the normal service schedule as MB said that the were filled for life originally and a new box is rather expensive. Looking through the forum most people recommend a change at 40 - 60,000 Miles. I can't comment on too much else as I've only had my CLK for +/- 1Yr.

Mark

OP
C

cocothecat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the reply Mark, yeah im busy reading up on a few things. It has a set of full receipts ill check that out this afternoon when I pick the car up :)

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Welcome to the forum.

check for any rust under rear arches which may need treating after some time. also the brake lines at back also seen to parish at this age.

Other than that you would be good for another 100K hopefully.

Enjoy

OP
C

cocothecat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
thanks for all the imput the ATF has been replaced 10,000 miles ago :) and there is 0 rust on the arches.

There is a small problem on passenger window the seal does not cover the widow properly if that makes any sense

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
thanks for all the imput the ATF has been replaced 10,000 miles ago :) and there is 0 rust on the arches.

There is a small problem on passenger window the seal does not cover the widow properly if that makes any sense

you mean at the top of the window the rubber which the window goes in when you shut the door? I am sure you can guy them from Ebay or Scrappy. Or even try from ECP or GSF

Top Bottom