BAS and ESP warning light

MERCEDEZ

New Registration
Reaction score
hi i have this orange warning light comes on itermittently on my mercedes c220 diesel W reg and i have recently noticed footbrake fade sometimes also heater fan at top speed (i can hear it clearly) but air flow is none???

Any suggestions to resolve??

thanks

m

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Something not right here,,could it be the engine fan running all of the time so its a 202 220cdi

Many things can cause the ESP lamp to come on,,better to get a fault code read out

MB TECH WARRINGTON

Reaction score
heater problem could be blocked pollen filter or electric plug on wrong way on motor and fan spinning backwards, seen it lots of times

bas/esp lights needs short test

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
heater problem could be blocked pollen filter or electric plug on wrong way on motor and fan spinning backwards, seen it lots of times

bas/esp lights needs short test

Thats an interesting one,,never thought of that ;):D

rob hamill

Reaction score
If this is any help i had a w210 which done this with the same error message and a soft brake, turned out to be my rear brakelight bulb. These have a staggered fitment and i did not know this and had forced the wrong bulb into the holder which caused a short circuit. I replaced with correct bulb which rectified the fault right away. Also one of your bulbs might be faulty which might be causing the short also. It is worth changing your bulbs. It is worth a try.

rob hamill

Reaction score
If this is any help i had a w210 which done this with the same error message and a soft brake, turned out to be my rear brakelight bulb. These have a staggered fitment and i did not know this and had forced the wrong bulb into the holder which caused a short circuit. I replaced with correct bulb which rectified the fault right away. Also one of your bulbs might be faulty which might be causing the short also. It is worth changing your bulbs. It is worth a try.

Please type in this below or copy and paste this into the search area to find this thread.......................................................................................

2000 E320cdi w210 Brake Lights!!!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom