1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BAS / ASR LIGHT ON. W210. E-300 TD.

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by HERBIEMERCMAN, Dec 6, 2012.

1. HERBIEMERCMAN

HERBIEMERCMAN Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
    hello everyone, does anyone know how to delete the dash warning light for the BAS / ASR orange light. ? it came on for no reason and everything is working ok, stop lights, ASR switch, etc. alternatively could it be that somthing i am unaware of is faulty and the light will stay on untill i find the fault and fix it. ?
    any help will be most appreciated. what has happened to malcolm. ? herbiemercman.

2. BAZZER1

BAZZER1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
    Malcolm is back on the Forum thank goodness !! Man has a wealth of experience.
    Good to see him back
    BAZZER1

3. Frontstep

Frontstep Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    T210 320cdi
    The common fix is a brake light switch replacement.

4. OP
    HERBIEMERCMAN

Your Mercedes:
    97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
    hi frontstep, thankyou for prompt reply, will replacing the brake light switch, which is working the stop lights and the autobox safety mechanism for safe starting is working ok , clear the warning light, it's the light staying on and how to get rid of it which i need to know. ? herbiemercman.

5. Frontstep

Frontstep Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    T210 320cdi
    Changing the switch usually cures the lights, very easy change and around £12 from memory.
    Better to take it in with you to get the right one.
    Swapped mine in dealers car park lights went off and stayed off.

6. OP
    HERBIEMERCMAN

Your Mercedes:
    many thanks frontstep i will change the switch. i said previously i would change it but at the time i was not convinced this was the problem, but now i am. i will post the outcome in due cource. herbiemercman.