BAS ESP Problem - one wheel brakes hard

ant_harvey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270/2000/2.7D
Hi - Im having a problem and looking for help if possible. I have a 2000 ML270, it has recently started aggressively braking the drivers side front wheel as I am traveling a low speeds (this is without me using the brakes and traveling in a straight line). Its clearly not safe to drive so I have left it with my local garage, they have read the codes - N64 (via a snap-on diagnostic tool) to be a problem with the Yaw sensor. They cleared the codes and put in a replacement sensor but the second time I drove the car it did the same thing. Note: The ESP BAS light comes on at startup and the triangle warning light comes on as it starts braking itself. The switch to turn off the ESP has no effect either way. The fault also seems to be intermittent but frequent. Any ideas, thanks in advance.

MercSLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK320/2003/M112
Hi Ant

Tried to send have a probable explanation by PM but not able to PM you for some reason. I have a probable explanation of your problem. Please send me your email address and I will send you a message. I am MerkSLK on this forum.

TimR

rls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 W164 Late 2008
I had the same issue with my ML280, the Yaw setting was set incorrectly, the guy I go to sorted it easily with Star, not sure if it can be done any other way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

ant_harvey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270/2000/2.7D
I dont think I can be contacted by PM as I am a newbie on here. My email address is - thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

ant_harvey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270/2000/2.7D
Thanks - I will try and find a local independent MB garage.

MercSLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK320/2003/M112
Hi Ant

Reply sent by email. Hope that helps. Suggest post here and ask mods to remove your email address from the forum to prevent spamming.

Best,

mercSLK

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom