Bathurst

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
regarding the 10 year long service holiday.... entitling him to 10 weeks paid leave (to return home to motherland) my sisters husband qualifies for 12% extra on top of his std. wage "to cope with spending so much when on leave" they've been back twice on this jolly... last time renting an E class

The idea of that holiday is good because it does encourage people to stick with a company but last I heard, they were going to change it so that people could move around and still accumulate their 10 years as long, as they were employed full time.

Oz is the only place I ever worked that you can take "a mental health day" - unfortunately for me I am a workaholic (now retired) and never took sick days unless I was half dead and it really irritated me when my staff had time off and were not really sick (most made a point of using up all their sick leave each year).

I do moan about the workers there but I enjoyed my time in OZ - lovely lifestyle & people.

OP
oigle

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
The idea of that holiday is good because it does encourage people to stick with a company but last I heard, they were going to change it so that people could move around and still accumulate their 10 years as long, as they were employed full time.

Oz is the only place I ever worked that you can take "a mental health day" - unfortunately for me I am a workaholic (now retired) and never took sick days unless I was half dead and it really irritated me when my staff had time off and were not really sick (most made a point of using up all their sick leave each year).

I do moan about the workers there but I enjoyed my time in OZ - lovely lifestyle & people.

Mmmm. I was an employer too with up to 53 staff at one stage. Luckily that was 20 odd years ago. Things have gotten a lot worse since for employers. Glad I'm out of it. Hadn't heard of the long service leave being transferable unless it was a business takeover. Think that might be wrong. Yes, my audiologist took a "mental health day" recently - she works for Costco. I was suitably surprised when she proudly told me how it made her feel so much better.......yeah right!!

Top Bottom