Becker Map Pilot

Parklife300

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2011 220d
Hi all, i'm trying to update the maps on my Becker Map Pilot but having trouble.

When i connect the unit and open the software i get the following message,"Please select a directory path of the Content Manager Library".

The software wont let me do anything until this is selected. I've tried calling/emailing Becker but cant get a response so was hoping someone here may be able to help?

Thanks in advance.

Luke

OP
P

Parklife300

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2011 220d
anyone?

drdre78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c200 200
Hi I don't know unit but it looking for you select content mangers liberay. Find folder called that

Or

Try putting it into Google for help

phillj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CGI Estate
Hi all, i'm trying to update the maps on my Becker Map Pilot but having trouble.

When i connect the unit and open the software i get the following message,"Please select a directory path of the Content Manager Library".

The software wont let me do anything until this is selected. I've tried calling/emailing Becker but cant get a response so was hoping someone here may be able to help?

Thanks in advance.

Luke

After downloading the Becker content manager program to my PC hard drive I then connected the map pilot box via the usb cable. The first thing it should do is write a back up of the contents of the map pilot to your hard drive. once this is done you can upgrade the device firmware or maps, the file you are being asked for is on your hard drive /becker content manager/beckerCMlibrary

I found the software a little clunky but it does work, I word of warning don't ever disconnect when the device is updating:) ( make sure safe to disconnect)

slklover

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK AMG/2012/220
becker map pilot it is driving me nuts!

I have tried what you said to look in /becker content manager/beckerCMlibrary, This directory does not exist! What should I do? I do not understand. I have installed - uninstall - installed - uninstalled! but many more times than this. Please can someone help me.

I thought German technology was brilliant? So I thought but this is shoddy! Their website is completely useless and not accessible by disabled people and as I am partially sighted I am getting rather ready to explode.

Any further help would be fantastic thank you.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

Steve3948

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class Coupe AMG
I have tried what you said to look in /becker content manager/beckerCMlibrary, This directory does not exist! What should I do? I do not understand. I have installed - uninstall - installed - uninstalled! but many more times than this. Please can someone help me.

I thought German technology was brilliant? So I thought but this is shoddy! Their website is completely useless and not accessible by disabled people and as I am partially sighted I am getting rather ready to explode.

Any further help would be fantastic thank you.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

I think you choose a location for your library, so lets say your documents folder.

Puzich

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180
Hi I am having exact same issue. If anyone had it and managed to resolve please help. Thanks

George.Smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class AMG Coupe 2012 1.8 Turbo
Hi I am having exact same issue. If anyone had it and managed to resolve please help. Thanks

Hey! This is telling you to create a folder in which files can be saved in. Go into documents and create a folder called 'Becker' (or whatever you want), then press 'select folder'. From there it should continue with the setup of your device and all future downloaded documents should be in the new folder.

Sorry this reply was so late!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

PeterVD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class C180 2013 1.6
Hello, I have recently bought C180 Auto and am having trouble installing the Becker software onto my laptop. I have followed the above instructions to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-8_17-35-48.png
    upload_2017-6-8_17-35-48.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 14

PeterVD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class C180 2013 1.6
upload_2017-6-8_17-38-3.png
Can anyone explain what this means? Going mad here !!!

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I'd suggest the file you download and are trying to write to the device is bigger than the device can handle.

that's not surprising in 2009 tomtom Europe 25 mapping was 800meg now its 5 gig (5,000meg) If you can breakdown the trash or remove other maps it might go on. PIO data used to be small now u get a spare kb of trash that no one ever cared about or looked at

Sushil

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 200 CDI AMG SPORT 2014
I had the same problem just now and all I did was open a new folder in desktop and selected that folder as directory and the message now has gone away and finally allowed me to proceed (Y)

carl williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
My Becker pilot stopped working on my car, I have tried to update it but I am struggling. I seem to have lost everything, I contacted Becker and sent me instructions to download Contents Manager, and then download the software. I did everything right downloaded the software
but when I came to synchronise I get this message "package dependency failure detected"
I contacted Becker again and they said this shouldn't happen and told me to do it again, and also clear the Content Manager by following these steps

Please close the Content Manager and disconnect the Map Pilot from the PC.
Run the file gcmrecovery.exe.
a. This resets the Content Manager to zero. Your registration remains in the Content Manager. The file can be found under drive C, folder Programs (X86), Becker Content Manager, GCMRecovery. exe click on it, execute Reset Database)
b. You can then restart the Content Manager and connect the Map Pilot to the PC.
c. Subsequently click on Home, my data and then Software, then Install new maps. If everything is not already on the Map Pilot. (right side) Everything must be in the end under Manage, Manage data on the right side. If all data is on the right side, everything can be checked with "Check data for errors"

I have tried several times now but having no joy getting past this post. Can anybody help me get past this point "package dependency failure detected"

joao sarmento

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220
hi,
i found out the problem. you must use a disk drive with mora then 16GB available. in my case I putted a SDcard of 32GB on the pc and selected a directoy called 'becker' i created on the sd card.

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Correct, you need more free space on the drive it is trying to create the folder in than 16GB.

Lars Klausen

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200/2014/2L Diesel
I had the same issue with the content manager libary folder.
Found that if I created a folder on my D drive and selected that. then it worked.
Guess you all tried like me to use a folder in "My Document / Documents" folder, and I guess the application can't figure out the path. I guess any folder in the root of C: would work as well.
It is only used first time then it can be deleted

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom