Best color for C Class

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
However

Having heard all the arguments and pleadings, let me tell you the answer. Cubanite silver - (pewter) does not show the dirt when in need of a wash and looks excellent when clean.

And it is not a "run of the mill silver car".

Attachments

• C Class Cubanite Silver.jpg
    C Class Cubanite Silver.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 47

Tilly

Reaction score
a fad colour promoted by most manufacturers for a year or so now - to be fair on some makes & models it can look stunning - but I wouldn't bet against them being almost unsaleable once they're 3-4 years old

Very true... the resale value of white cars will be much lower. Very much a fad.

Ive had white company cars for 20 years, and the scratches, even minor ones, show up the dirt... You need to be on top of your cleaning with one, to make it look good.

MTUK

Reaction score
Very true... the resale value of white cars will be much lower. Very much a fad.

Ive had white company cars for 20 years, and the scratches, even minor ones, show up the dirt... You need to be on top of your cleaning with one, to make it look good.

Depends what deal you have it on, if on business contract like me I have a GFV after 36 months.

gcee

New Registration
Reaction score
I'd go for classic colour - palladium silver or iridium silver

nrg220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220cdi Elegance Saloon
Having looked around for 2 years dont have silver as it seems 99% of Mercedes are silver, Im told its the salemens fault, but in the old days white was the equivalent silver colour and loads of cars were white, so you could say it was retro, isnt that the fashion these days??

I eventually ended up with a black car mainly as it had done only 5800 miles in 3 years but I wouldnt have bought it if silver, however palladium isnt bad, stick with white, be different on the road. it will be nice as paint finished on an MB are good

merc7

Reaction score
The black colour is very nice when it is clean and shiny, also looks classy too .

nrg220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220cdi Elegance Saloon
Black

Blacks good if your retired and like polishing cars, fortunately although my Wife says Im sad, I quite like it as I find it relaxing polishing a black mercedes, the paint and ceramic clearcoat come up beautifully ;)

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
Mercedes = Silver

Sandrine Beige = Austin Allegro

Harvest Gold was very popular at one time, Moss and Tundra were a danger
to drive and the only brown that was popular back then was Clove.

Red the safest colour and all dark colour cars are black at night.

Resale desirability is always worth considering as some extras will devalue the car. If there are five used cars in a row, all the same make, year, engine the most desirable colour and extras will always sell first. ( I used to sell BL products when the BMW dealer was a small showroom and you needed an appointment to go to see a Mercedes-Benz)

nrg220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220cdi Elegance Saloon
Ahhh the allegro, remember it well :( Yes I liked red but finding a red elegance is kin to locating the dodo, finding a black was a stroke or pure luck.

Would have preferred a maroon one but Mercedes dont do that colour anymore, I know people say they look good in silver, maybe, but there is a limit and its become a bit of a joke, you can have any Mercedes as long as its silver !!!!!!

OP
T

thlengane

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 Merc C350, Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 FSI
Thanks guys for your help, I finally got my brand new C350 on Friday. It is Calcite White with AMG Pack, Intelligent Lights, Panoramic sunroof, Comand APS, Harman/Kardon, ADVANCED AGILITY and Through-loading feature.....What a beast. That thing moves and I don't care if BMW is faster or whatever...fact is I have more class that BMW drivers.

All in all, thank you for helping me choose the best color.

J

jon_harley

White is the only colour for a C Class
Black
Silver

None of those are actual colours.

Red looks great on the sportier Mercs, not so sure about a C class.

Silver and beige look incredibly boring, however they are by far the easiest to clean, and I agree with whoever said, silver is the least likely to go out of fashion.

sausage

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
Love white, and especially on the C class sport, but it's a colour whose popularity does seem susceptible to changes in fashion.
Almost all of my cars have been black, there is always some one who wants a black and only a black will do. So I find they are easy to sell onwards even if they are a real pain to keep clean. White and silver look cleanest longer.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom