Best match for iridium silver paint ....

Sfliftonator

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi
hi my first post here ....

I have recently purchased a beautiful 2013 e350 cdi which I'm blown away by and have been thinking about how I could improve it. One of the things would be to add the rear boot spoiler which I know was a factory option and looks good in my view. I have sourced an unpainted one on ebay which is specific to the 207 model with great reviews but my query is about matching the paint. My car is in iridium silver ref 775 and I'm not sure where to go for the closest match. I've had a quote from a professional contact for £120 to spray professionally which isn't too bad but was thinking about doing it myself. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I could get the beat match in a spray can as I've heard the Halford one isn't great ?

i guess the other option would be to go carbon as a contrast to the silver body ...thoughts ??

Appreciate any assistance ....thanks

Last edited:

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
A bright silver can be a nightmare to match .

OK from one angle and well out the other .

Hit and miss with who has best match as on one car the dealer spray paint was out and Halfords spray was a great match.

With Halfords it's an easier return .

Last edited:
OP
Sfliftonator

Sfliftonator

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi
Yes thanks....I take it mercedes don't sell spray cans of their actual colours?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
That sounds like a damn good price to have someone else spray it

OP
Sfliftonator

Sfliftonator

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi
Yes I think so too and may well end up that route for the best job.... even if I can match it well I've not tackled a spray job before myself so could easily balls it up !!!

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
You can purchase these painted, just include your paint code which is on drivers door shut.
There’s a thread in this section “Boot lip spoiler”
Have a look on page 2 for the link.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
I bought a rear spoiler off ebay for my e320 . It came with 3m tape on the back and turned out to be a complete waste of money. Your paint will be aged now and even a can matched to your paint number probably won't match anymore

bertb1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 amp sport 2013
I bought a rear spoiler off ebay for my e320 . It came with 3m tape on the back and turned out to be a complete waste of money. Your paint will be aged now and even a can matched to your paint number probably won't match anymore

Hello all
I was going to ask about how they fix to the car ?
I wanted 1 for my w204 but was put off by just sticking it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Sfliftonator

Sfliftonator

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi
Many thanks....have you tried these people at all ? Looks reasonable for sure. Thanks .

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
If I was you OP, for 120 I would get it done elsewhere especially having never painted before.

Any body shop will get the paint made up based on the paint code and there is never likely an exact match due to environment factors, which is why body shops sometimes have to blend in panels.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
hi my first post here ....

I have recently purchased a beautiful 2013 e350 cdi which I'm blown away by and have been thinking about how I could improve it. One of the things would be to add the rear boot spoiler which I know was a factory option and looks good in my view. I have sourced an unpainted one on ebay which is specific to the 207 model with great reviews but my query is about matching the paint. My car is in iridium silver ref 775 and I'm not sure where to go for the closest match. I've had a quote from a professional contact for £120 to spray professionally which isn't too bad but was thinking about doing it myself. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I could get the beat match in a spray can as I've heard the Halford one isn't great ?

i guess the other option would be to go carbon as a contrast to the silver body ...thoughts ??

Appreciate any assistance ....thanks

Buy a genuine one from Mercedes (getting a part number will make life easier). I got mine from Mercedes Germany (used / shopsoiled shop) painted in the correct colour for Euro250.00 delivered. They have gone up in price but the supplier has regular sales. These are shop-soiled items in differing quality mine came in the original bag, well packaged and I just had to lightly polish some scuff marks.

https://www.mbgtc.de/index.php?lang=0&cl=search&searchparam=heckspolier
1354E7F8-8897-4B04-961A-10A73F24AA90_1_201_a.jpeg

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
They won’t stay in business long at those fantastic prices

Been around for years. Price was for a respray incase the one I purchased was unacceptable. Turned out I was able to get a 'A' condition spoiler (they rate the condition of what they sell as 'B', 'A' or "A+') and didn't need repainting.

OP
Sfliftonator

Sfliftonator

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi
]Buy a genuine one from Mercedes (getting a part number will make life easier). I got mine from Mercedes Germany (used / shopsoiled shop) painted in the correct colour for Euro250.00 delivered. They have gone up in price but the supplier has regular sales. These are shop-soiled items in differing quality mine came in the original bag, well packaged and I just had to lightly polish some scuff marks.

https://www.mbgtc.de/index.php?lang=0&cl=search&searchparam=heckspolier

my german is a little rusty sadly !!

OP
Sfliftonator

Sfliftonator

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi
to avoid any colour mismatch what do we think about a carbon or black option on the rear .... good option or tacky ?

i kinda think it might work well but not sure...hmmm

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I've fitted 2 of the 'ebay' ones , bought prepainted.
Both fitted nicely with 3M VHB tape (not the provided one, I bought wider) and were solid, looked great.
Some others have also fitted same (@SmartAmg being one) with similar success, @AMGeed had a little difficulty but now fitted and looking good....
If you do go that route top tip when pushing down to adhere is to start from the centre (over the star) and work out from each side, that way the spoiler won't try to 'bow'.

OP
Sfliftonator

Sfliftonator

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi
I've fitted 2 of the 'ebay' ones , bought prepainted.
Both fitted nicely with 3M VHB tape (not the provided one, I bought wider) and were solid, looked great.
Some others have also fitted same (@SmartAmg being one) with similar success, @AMGeed had a little difficulty but now fitted and looking good....
If you do go that route top tip when pushing down to adhere is to start from the centre (over the star) and work out from each side, that way the spoiler won't try to 'bow'.

Thanks very much for the info John ....can I ask which seller have you or others used on ebay in TW?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks very much for the info John ....can I ask which seller have you or others used on ebay in TW?
The seller I used was in Taiwan and called 'OEM thing' < i think they use other names too

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom