Best match for iridium silver paint ....

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
]Buy a genuine one from Mercedes (getting a part number will make life easier). I got mine from Mercedes Germany (used / shopsoiled shop) painted in the correct colour for Euro250.00 delivered. They have gone up in price but the supplier has regular sales. These are shop-soiled items in differing quality mine came in the original bag, well packaged and I just had to lightly polish some scuff marks.

https://www.mbgtc.de/index.php?lang=0&cl=search&searchparam=heckspolier

my german is a little rusty sadly !!

So is mine!:)

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
... and following those tips, warm the boot lid and the spoiler with a hairdryer before fitting. It sure sticks when you do!

OP
Sfliftonator

Sfliftonator

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi
The seller I used was in Taiwan and called 'OEM thing' < i think they use other names

well i ordered one from these people £60 deld plus taxes so probably £80 all in ready painted. will see when it turns up . thanks all for your help much appreciated.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Worth also wiping off the boot lid with some IPA before then using some 3M adhesive accelator wipes too, you can get them from Amazon

OP
Sfliftonator

Sfliftonator

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi
I've fitted 2 of the 'ebay' ones , bought prepainted.
Both fitted nicely with 3M VHB tape (not the provided one, I bought wider) and were solid, looked great.
Some others have also fitted same (@SmartAmg being one) with similar success, @AMGeed had a little difficulty but now fitted and looking good....
If you do go that route top tip when pushing down to adhere is to start from the centre (over the star) and work out from each side, that way the spoiler won't try to 'bow'.[/QUOT
Worth also wiping off the boot lid with some IPA before then using some 3M adhesive accelator wipes too, you can get them from Amazon

Cheers John

OP
Sfliftonator

Sfliftonator

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi
well I'm delighted to say that following help from you lovely lot I purchased a ready painted spoiler off ebay from seller mitdto2010 who is based in Taiwan. I simply gave the colour code (775 in my case) and 5 days later it arrived on my door well boxed and wrapped. the cost was £61 plus taxes via DHL of £17 so under £80 all in within 5 days . it fits the boot like a glove and I applied some 3M VHB as recommended and managed to get it on without too much trouble . pics attached…. 1.jpg 2.jpg 20200720_181732.jpg

bertb1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 amp sport 2013
Looks really well.
I’ve been thinking about getting one for my c class but was put off by the sticking on
Does it feel secure?
Don’t fancy going on the motorway and getting off with no spoiler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Looks really well.
I’ve been thinking about getting one for my c class but was put off by the sticking on
Does it feel secure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you stick it on properly (proper prep etc), with genuine VHB tape, you will not be able move it after two days! DS tape is the industry standard for small spoilers and other bits.

OP
Sfliftonator

Sfliftonator

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi
]Looks really well.
Does it feel secure?

its rock solid as Rory says ,....if you prep well and rub the area and the spoiler with rubbing alcohol and then buy some 3m VHB tape it wont budge so get it right first time. line it up and tape some guides on the boot so when the backing is off the tape you know where its going. superb seller on ebay cant fault the spoiler or the speed of delivery.

Last edited:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom