Best place for a class ECU repairs?

faulkner9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 Mercedes A140, 1998 Mercedes A140, 1972 Lotus Eclat
as many of you A class owners may know, there a problem with the w168 a- class models that the air mass flow meter fails and gives a variety fo differing symptoms to spoil your day. the first time this happened to me was when i first bought my a140 and had it refurbished, a year later of free and solid driving, its failed again, as you can expect i dont want to go to the same guy again, so can anyone suggest anyone who does the refurb service for cheap and fast? much appreciation for anyone who can help!

OP
F

faulkner9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
thanks very much dude, ill get on it the morning and let you know how it goes! cheers for the welcome btw!

OP
F

faulkner9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
hey dude, cheers for this, iv sent them an email and will let you know how i get on with them! also done this for the other site aswell so ill keep posted on both an any others that anyone can suggest

OP
F

faulkner9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i've just had a repair from ECU-repairs.co.uk, im actually astounded by how fast they have replied, within half an hour, and they have said the following,

"we can strip & rebuild your own unit, a complete
remanufacture for £210+VAT and you get a full 1 Years warranty with it."

which i think is pretty good as quotes iv recieved so far are around 275-350+VAT so that might be one to really consider.

Still looking for other companies though so if anyone has any suggestions or has had dealt with any of the companies before, please let me know!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
That's pretty impressive i will agree!!!

OP
F

faulkner9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
that is why, you sir are a legend, yeh good find, just checked and they actually have a price on there website, which is nice for a change, a rebuild costs 220 with them, doesn't say if thats with VAT or not and whether it offers a warrantee like the other companies, but does have a great benefit of having a 2-3 day turn around, which would be ideal

i do plan on giving a very large price list on here, i'v sent so many emails i expect a full inbox tommorrow, for the various companies and differing benefits, so with any hope this thread can be helpful to people, especially when it seems a re-occurring fault with the car and so many threads suggest this problem, give something back to the fourms.

Oh yeh and who i eventually end up going with!

OP
F

faulkner9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
between the two of you guys, you'v probably saved my cash already, so i love both of you guys right now and so does my wallet!

OP
F

faulkner9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
rite guys, as promised, a couple of things to make sure of when your looking out for a couple of companies for ECU repairs.

firstly make sure that all your sensors are checked on your car, this can cause the same problems as the ECU, i know this becuase it happened to me even after the ECU

secondly, the best thing to check is the turn around time, some companies can take upto 14 working days to send your a replacement and that means your without a car for three weeks plus fittings time, especially look out for, "the ECU-DOCTOR", there a good company but there work takes time and for a price.

Thirdly, price is a big winner, especially when the company actually takes an interest in you and replies to your queries in a prompt manner, as i've said before, ECU-repairs.co.uk, gave me a very good price and a quick response to anything i had to ask and i come out with a refurbed ECU thats not given me any problems, touch wood, since and i would adivse anyone seeking a repair to do the same.

Finally, DO NOT go to an unamed company in Nottingham for your repairs and if your garage says theyll sort it for you and send it off, enquire to who they are sending it too or do it yourself, this is what i did and my ECU failed less than a year after i got it repaired originally.

Top Bottom