Big Brother is now Confirmed.!!!!

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
It was only a matter of time ... I do prefer the Govt option, of getting the ISP's to store data, and hand it out when the police, and security services request specific details

Much the same as the telecoms, Banks, and IR, do !!

jamesmc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W208 CLK230K Cabriolet
This is snooping. That's what it will be called by many people right now... later they will call it something like... A Citizen safety information retrieval system, or some such cooked up name.

It'll be a bit like renaming Speed Cameras to Safety Cameras.

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
They won't be able to "snoop" . they need a reason to call the files ...same as getting your mobile phone records, or bank transaction details .......

jamesmc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W208 CLK230K Cabriolet
aah... right. Do people in the UK actually believe that then?

That'll be like the councils 'not' using street surveillance cameras to snoop for non violent minor offences (littering, dog fouling in parks) when, no matter how people feel about the rights and wrongs of such use, the guidance states that they should not be used for such purposes. Yet the system was abused because it was in place and therefore could be abused.

When the mechanism is in place it will be abused by those in authority at some point in time, no matter what the law says.

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
So when we visit pirate bay or any other source of material for download all this will be logged then sold on or handed on a plate to the likes of mgm and sony etc :(
No doubt the hackers will gain a lot of valuable info from this store and like the dvla does,sell it on for peanuts with lame reasons as to the validity of why.

C

C180 Chris

When the mechanism is in place it will be abused by those in authority at some point in time, no matter what the law says.

This is indeed the way our government seems to do things now.

I remember a little old guy who dared to heckle Tony Blair at a conference, he was DRAGGED out by security and charged under the then recently introduced anti terror laws!
I have little doubt that most people are in favour of a law to catch and prosecute terrorists, but am not so sure of the support a law to stop little old guys having their say at labour party conferences would get.

All the best,

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
How is it the govenments business how I use the internet.

They tell us this is for our safety to protect us from terrorists. The terrorists are the people who this government let in to Britain (be it immigrants or asylum seekers). Therefore they created the terrorist threat. If we kept them out, there would be no "perceived" need for this.

Perhaps therefore we need protection from New Labour.

Last edited:

eddiereilly

Reaction score
my company has been invited to take part in the scheme ,they forget they need to seek permission to hold any information regrading peoples chats ,under the data protection , there only allowed to snoop if there is crimal activies going on , well as they say believe to be going on ,

D1gger5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently Capri 280, 2 Litre S and 3 Litre Ghia
My questions to this would be:-

1. If my work emails are being held then who breaks the official secrets act, my discussion on restricted/confidential/ commercial in confidence with a supplier/customer or them for reading it without our knowledge/consent?

2. How do they record my IM's unless a key logger is used?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom