Big Brother Teams Up With Sainsburys

Mr Teddy Bear

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 W208 CLK 230K SPORT: MG F 1.8VVC: Flame Red Rover 216GTi
Possibly Sainburys Supermarket in Bath is a one off, however the unwary shopper beware.
About a month ago I parked there for no more than half anhour, on my return
I found a 'ticket' stuck to the windscreen issued by Euro Carparks, containing a fifty pound penalty fee for "parking in a manner that inconvienenced other shoppers". This was not correct [I wont bore every one with the trivia].

Now it transpires that DVLA have provided these parasites with my home address and are now demanding fifty quid plus a £2.50 cheque clearance fee.
Otherwise they will place the matter with a dept collection agency!!!

Oh also I can if I wish 'plead any extenuating circumstances in my defence'...........who the f**k do these cretins think they are?

I have no intention of giving these B**tards one single penny.

roofless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 e220 estate
think of the nectar points :lol:

Splatt

Reaction score
Tell them unless they withdraw you will issue a writ alleging illegally demanding money with menaces . Send a copy to Sainsburys head office in High Holborn London for the Specific attention of the Chairman (Philip Hampton) send copy to Bath Chronicle.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Possibly Sainburys Supermarket in Bath is a one off, however the unwary shopper beware.
About a month ago I parked there for no more than half anhour, on my return
I found a 'ticket' stuck to the windscreen issued by Euro Carparks, containing a fifty pound penalty fee for "parking in a manner that inconvienenced other shoppers". This was not correct [I wont bore every one with the trivia].

Hi Tim,

I am sorry to hear you have been in the wars.

Please tell us the alleged offense, so that we might avoid the problem.

C

C180 Chris

Hi Tim,

Sorry to hear you have been fined by these parasites, they are doing the same up here in Newcastle Upon Tyne at Asda and Tesco stores. The DVLA seem to be well up for handing out info for money now,maybe another cosequence of them changing from the DVLC where they were just a centre to DVLA where they are now an Authority.

NEW LABOUR NEW DANGER, never a more apt statement!

Splatt

Reaction score
This is a law case from a similar situation on the web .Note the point that terms and conditions of any car park have to be promimently displayed.

The "charge" is alleged under contract law and your son has committed no offence. What you have is an "invoice" from a private parking company who allege you have breached their terms and conditions by parking and/or overstaying on one of the sites they manage. It has no status in law. The errors on the ticket will obviously assist.

The reality is that they will almost certainly not be able to enforce against your son and will not seek to do so. Instead they will use debt collectors who will endlessly threaten imminent litigation, references to credit agencies, personal visits, bailiffs and the sky falling on your head.

In fact they can only enforce it in law by bringing litigation in a civil court against the driver and proving a breach of prominently displayed terms and conditions. You have no responsibility to tell them who was driving (even if it was you).

We can get a solicitor involved on your behalf who will deal with them for a one-off charge of £25. You will not get another pestering letter, phone call or visit and we will get rid of them on your behalf.

If you can prove such condition are not prominently displayed (nip round with the digital camera, entrance car park,store) then they be told to get lost.

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
It is not a Parking Charge notice .. it is an invoice from a private company, that has "reasonable cause" to obtain your details from the DVLA ( whats reasonable is another story) ......................... now listen to me carefully

This invoice is in dispute, ............ by you !! .. ie you think you don't owe this company any money ....................................... now listen even more carefully !!!!

Do nothing

Do absolutley nothing !!!

Do not ring them !!

Do not write to them!! .................. ignore follow up letters !! ............. ignore threatening letters !

You will recieve around 5 follow up letters over 6 months ............ Euro Carparks are well known for their tactics ........and will give up after the follow ups

Why ??
Becuase if they take you to court for non payment (which they won't) ...all the would be awarded would be "reasonable loss" ........... Now a reasonable loss in your case would be the cost of a parking ticket for the time you were there ........... so around a £1, I would of thought ....or whatever the charges are in that carpark.

Remember ...... do nothing !! ........... and sleep well at night.

If you really start to worry when the lowlife scum start to hassle you through the post ............ PM me, and I'll give you my phone number, for a chat

Do not pay this invoice .......its not a parking fine

Do ................... not Pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I make myself clear !!!!!!

Nothing will happen to you ............ at all !!

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
As you were in a sainsburys car park then you must have been shopping in sainsburys???
As said write to the head honcho of sainsburys and tell him you will never shop there again.. BUT, BUT, BUT..if you parked there and shopped at tescos then ur forked...

Micman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180K Avantgarde SE
As you were in a sainsburys car park then you must have been shopping in sainsburys???
As said write to the head honcho of sainsburys and tell him you will never shop there again.. BUT, BUT, BUT..if you parked there and shopped at tescos then ur forked...

Yep ur forked if you weren't using their store.

I know they 'police' the Sainsburys car park in Horsham town centre. You have to get you car park ticket swiped at the Sainsbury checkout when paying for your shopping for free parking, otherwise you have to pay to park. You only get 30 mins free if you don't shop in their store.

They introduced it because everyone was parking in Sainsburys car park then walking into the high street to use all the other shops (without ever entering sainsburys store).

I'm sure it's a similar story across the land.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mr Teddy Bear

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, I dont think 'they' have a leg to stand on. The car park is the area in front of what was the station. I was parked just within the station roof in a bay marked with black and white stripes, that doesn't make it a pedestrian crossing though;especially as the next bay infront was occupied with scaffolding [I assume] for painting work.
They can ruin ones credit rating without taking a civil case to court?
I'm not paying on a matter of principle, I was there for around 20 minutes......

It will be interesting to see if Sainsburys actually own the station itself, I bet that they don't. They wouldn't allow a Farmers Market in there every Saturday morning!

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
You say "station" ............ is it Network rail property, or Sainsbury's property .............. this is important, for you next move .............. if Sainsbury's, then refer to my earlier post.

If Network Rail .......... come back to me !

Splatt

Reaction score
I think you will find the old Green Park Station is owned by Bath City Council as it is a listed historic building and the station vaults extend out under the the roof which used to be over the tracks. When we did work on this roof it was for Bath Council.,

Last edited:

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Slowly eeking out the facts ................ if it is a full "PCN" you'll have to pay it .......... but if it's a Euro carparks, money grabbing scam, and you we're parked on Sainsbury's controlled land, Sub-contracted to Euro Carparks ... I refer to my previous post ....... don't pay !

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Whats your nearest prison..we can send food parcels...

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I have the same ongoing problem.

The best advice I can give is to ignore everything they send you.
Do not write or phone them & put all their correspondance in the bin.
If they turn up at your door, simply ask them to vacate your property before closing the door in their face.

I only contacted them myself as it was a Mercedes courtesy car I had & did not want the bill paid on my behalf as it would have been sent directly to the dealer who would have then asked me to pay them back.

They have no power whatsoever & have never taken a single person to court for any parking offence. It is a form of extortion in my eyes.

Russ

nickcc101

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S203 C180 auto estate 2001 (sold)
Had a similar problem with Tesco in Truro about 6 years ago. Went shopping in Truro calling in at Tesco store on way back to car. Loaded up with bags from various stores (Wife was with me) including Tesco's, arrived back at car and found ticket/fine under wiper blade for overstay (about 5 mins). Just ignored Euro carparks request for payment and follow up letters and have heard no more.

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
I think you will find the old Green Park Station is owned by Bath City Council as it is a listed historic building and the station vaults extend out under the the roof which used to be over the tracks. When we did work on this roof it was for Bath Council.,

Correct! I have used it many a time in the past - it's NOT owned by Sainsburys.

OP
M

Mr Teddy Bear

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Working on the roof, that's an interesting point! There was erected scaffolding in the next bay. I assumed for painting the roof. That particular car park does suffer from congestion and overcrowding. However as most people are there to shop in Sainsburys, unless a vehicle is left for 3 hrs or so they're really shooting themselves in the foot. I don't think I'll be using that branch again, or ****** Euro-zone cowboy parks either!

Danny341

Reaction score
i have not read all the thread, as there are some lengthy replies...

I had a similar thing happen to me outside a McDonalds... I sent them a letter saying i wanted photographic evidence to prove it was my car that was at fault before i was willing to continue.... I never saw a peep off them again... Might be worth giving them a go...

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom