Bio Diesel Fuel

MAAB

Reaction score
Hi - If any member has any experience running his/her car on bio diesel.
Can we run cars on left over/dirty oil from chips shops?
Any personal tall and experience please.

simon_wall69

Reaction score
Run both mine on used chip oil from chip shops. The old indirect engines are ok; don't try it with cdi engines.

There's quite a lot of information on here about it and there are quite a few of us that do it.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
i used to get biodiesel from a cooking oil company that refined their own biodiesel. it goes very thick when its cold, and smells a bit like youre following an old chip van! its also a bit harder to start the car. the stuff you buy at the pump however is a different matter as its cot additives and a percentage of normal diesel in it to thin it down. i ran my zx on the biodiesel i was getting and my dad ran hid c220 cdi on it! the cdi did lose a little bit of power and around 10-15mpg though. as for old cooking oil, you would have to filter out as much of the dirt as you can, and any solid lumps of fat too or you will block the fuel lines!from persomnal experience with old cooking oil, given its tendency to thicken up etc, if you really want to do it, id recommend a 50/50 mix of it and ordinary diesel. you can then experiment with different ratios to suit your car. its cold mornings that you need to think of. summer i had no probs, winter was VERY hard to start on pure oil!

Tontastic

Reaction score
Website
www.tontastic.com
Your Mercedes
ML 270 CDI 2001 ; C180 1999
I killed my W210 E300TD non CDi with a relatively conservative blend of vegetable oil and diesel. It was a high miler (>200Kmiles) and almost straight away developed leaks in a seal in the fuel pump and in the fuel lines. Cost me almost a grand for a new fuel pump 2nd hand plus an independent to fit it.

If you search for my previous posts you will see reference to this. Not saying it will happen to you, just that it happened to me!

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
I killed my W210 E300TD non CDi with a relatively conservative blend of vegetable oil and diesel. It was a high miler (>200Kmiles) and almost straight away developed leaks in a seal in the fuel pump and in the fuel lines. Cost me almost a grand for a new fuel pump 2nd hand plus an independent to fit it.

If you search for my previous posts you will see reference to this. Not saying it will happen to you, just that it happened to me!

I've been running my W124 E300TD on almost 100% veg for the past 20k. apart from the usual clear pipe o-rings that needed to be replaced and the delievry valve seals, & tank strainer.... not had any problems. (touch wood)

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom