bio fuel

mitie 1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes 2002 320
hi all hope you have been enjoying the sun just a quickie ive got a merc 320 diesal 2002 can i run it on bio fuel £1 a litre cheers .tom

Robbostanhill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 Estate 2003 and *Her* C220 W203
Only way to tell is to examine the specs for the bio diesel and compare it to the big companies product.
Changing the filters more regular will benefit too

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
if you are talking about the 'home brewed' stuff from old chip fat, then no, not in a CDi engine, unless you want to go to the expense (and hassle) of twin tanks and uprated injectors, seals etc.

forecourt biodiesel (B5 or possibly B10 now) will be fine, but B100 is not recommended

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
Lots of people run CDis on biodiesel. Twin tanks are generally used for WVO where dino is used until the engine is hot.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
The old 613 will run up to 80% bio without many issues. Not sure I would go 100% though. I would start with a 30-70 mix with normal diesel and gradually increase it tank by tank and change the fuel filter once every 2 weeks until you are running 80%.

The mistake some people make is running 100% straight away

rjevon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270 CDi 2002
If the Bio is up to EN quality, even home brew can achieve this, then it will run without an issue.

I ran my ML270 CDi on GOOD quality bio for thousands of miles without an issue.

If you are unsure as the the quality of the fuel then dont use it.

Richard

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom