Black interiors

J

jmoser

Hello all:

Just looking for a replacement for the estate at the moment - all I can find on Autotrader are vehicles with black interiors.

Added to the fact that 90% of exteriors are silver or black, this becomes a bizarre mono-minded trend.

This is a W204 estate search btw; CLSs seem ordered from new by a far more catholicly-minded bunch, colourwise.

Can anyone throw any light on this odd state of affairs?

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
C class tends to be dominated by fleet buyers. Black is a safe option both to maintain and sell on.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
All the dealers always stock the same thing to be safe, yes boring I know.

Sadly most of the nice colours ended with the last of the 210's about 2002 with boring colours for the interior left now.

You would be hard pushed to find a colour that goes really well with a silver car other than black

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Red goes well with silver ;)
P9250186.jpg

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Too bright and bling for me or my car:(:(

OP
J

jmoser

Many thanks for the responses - most informative - that is of course the reason - C-Class is all about fleet purchasing, and no resale chances can thus be taken

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
WN, I maintained that 203 needed black headling after the red interior retro fit, it would have made it perfect.

Me, I have a black interior and specifically chose it for that it was cloth. Pale grey is nice but shows the dirt and I go out in the country a lot and would wreck a pale grey interiored car I reckon

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Black headlining would have completed the look but it would also have made it quite dark. I'm not sold on black headlining ....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Surely this whole subject is on a par with do you like blondes better than dark headed females, if we all liked the same thing life would be so boring.

If john wants pink seats so what, that would never influence what I wanted or would accept.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Blonde v brunette if only life were so simple ....

Ductman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI Estate/R171 200 SLK/Lotus Exige V6/Lotus Evora GT410 Sport
I detest black headlinings and find them very funereal. The last two MB's I bought new, had I specified the Sport option, black was the only headlining colour available so, like it or not, I chose the Elegance option which came with a neutral grey.

roop_the_loop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI BlueEff SE, 7G auto, estate (S212), 2012
Mine's black on the outside and inside. Not by choice, simply that when I was looking to buy an under-one-year-old, at least 90% of the available stock was exterior-wise somewhere on the 'greyscale' (of which the great majority were silver or grey, with quite a few blacks, and the odd white) and interior-wise almost all black. (Of course, had I been in the market for a brand new car I could have chosen whatever I wanted, so in that sense this lack of choice was self-inflicted.)

Leaving aside the debate of whether these are 'nice' colours or not (I personally don't particularly like them, but I appreciate that many others do), I do think MB is particularly restricted to the greyscale. I was at the same time looking at the equivalent BMWs, and came across quite a few in navy, bronze, etc. In fact, I'm just back from an hour's drive around my neighbourhood, and saw 5-series etc. Beemers in navy, metallic blue, metallic green, bronze, etc., whereas I didn't see one single Merc in anything other than silver or black.

Someone suggested fleet buying as being a reason for the dominance of silver etc., but I'm pretty sure Beemers sell just as well in the fleet market as Mercs do, so how do they get around this problem then?

Would be interesting to hear MB's reasoning for this. I'm sure they would argue it's down to customer demand etc., but I have a feeling they're somehow actively steering things in the grey/silver/black direction.

ShinyF1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Contemplating my next
I know this is your own very nice bespoke work, but in days gone by, we would have had a red steering wheel and dash to go with it.

That is all wrong in my book, and what would stop me getting a lighter coloured interior on the next used MB.

New cars can be specced with light interiors and a dark dash/wheel it seems.

Red goes well with silver ;)
P9250186.jpg

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few years ago when the white MB's were all the rage in the USA I asked my local guy if they would be getting cars in white in, his reply was only when people ask for white will we get one in, they do keep a few white ones now some 4 years down the line.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I'm a fan of black interiors and no headlining. :D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• mercedes-benz-sl-class-convertible-sl500-edition-2dr-auto-146800187-640x480.jpg
    mercedes-benz-sl-class-convertible-sl500-edition-2dr-auto-146800187-640x480.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 19

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom