This afternoon I went to meet LostKiwi, somewhere in the middle of nowhere of SW-France, to get the stubborn diesel on the STAR machine. After a lovely cup of coffee we started to get the STAR equipment hooked up, started the software and found some faults right away which are not showing up on my Delphi tool. Not very many though, the ones we got were mostly related to other things but the engine. After digging in deeper, when we started the live-data option in the software, there were two things that attracted our attention: Injector 2 had a quite high reading. At idle the fuel pressure valve was reading low. According to the description about 25% to low (around 6cc instead of the minimum of 8). The reading of the mass airflow meter was out of spec as well. We soon ruled that as being caused by the things mentioned above. We played around a bit with the injector first, it was the only one which is brand new! As I mentioned before in this topic I cleaned the other 5 but the 2nd one was beyond any repair so I ordered a new one. STAR documentation states an injector is out of spec if it reads more than 5cc/M, this one was on the high limit. Another thing the documentation told us is the injector has to be mapped to the engine. Since I selected to buy this one, because it has exactly the same numbers written on it as the old one, I figured it to be alright. We tried to switch it to class 1 instead of class 2 which immediately brought the high reading down to the middle of the scale. Switched the class back to what it's supposed to be and it became even better. Now reading around 2cc/M it's still higher as the other 5 which are around and about 1cc/M but it's well within specs. The only explanation I can give is the old injector messed up the adaptive values in the ECU, by giving the new injector temporarily a class 1 value it stabilized at about normal. Actually we had to clear the adaptive values all together but we didn't know what all would be affected by that. When, for instance, I do that to my BMW 7-series I have to "re-learn" the throttle body where to find it's idle point in the drive by wire system. We didn't want to go into unknown areas. The only thing which was not going to budge was the fuel pressure valve, did a reset of the faults it gave to no avail. As for the MAF, that's a brand new one so I have confidence once the fuel pressure issue is solved it will give normal readings. Conclusion, I'll have to buy a new pressure valve. On the other hand all logic is lost, black smoke you'll expect when there is to much fuel injected, not when it's reading low. Anyway, we had a lovely time sorting all of this out. Thank you very much LostKiwi! I enjoyed it, on top of that you are a very friendly and helpful person! Next time you're in France and the weather is nice I invite you to a BBQ at our place. I'll keep this topic alive and report back when the new pressure valve is installed.