Blank screen

zinsbin

Reaction score
Glyncorrwg the capital of the Afan Valley
Hello, I have a w203 c220 cdi coupe 2001. recently the screen by the speedo which you can change for different information stopped working, the steering wheel controls do not change the screen but initially when the buttons were pressed i could hear a clicking sound from somewhere behind the dash, maybe inside the engine compartment. the screen shows audio and 4 dashes. The radio also stopped working prior to the screen fault. are the two faults linked, any information would help please

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Plugging in to STAR should give the reason and fault

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
doesnt it do that when you need to enter the radio code?

OP
Z

zinsbin

Reaction score
Glyncorrwg the capital of the Afan Valley
blank drivers display

Just an update on my problem, I removed the drivers airbag from the steering wheel and inspected the button set up, and found the pin socket which is soldered to the printed circuit board had detached itself. I re-soldered the socket, put it all back together, and happy days, it's all back to normal

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
That was a good one,,nice to know:D

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom