Blimey, E55s are quick

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
First-time sample of what an E55 can do today

Cruising back from Yeovil on the 303 late this afternoon (cruise set at 80) on a clear day with clear roads (nice!)
I spot an old e class waiting to pullout onto the dual carriage way, so I pull into the outside lane so he can do so.
He does just as I drive past.

Well blow me if he's not alongside in a matter of seconds
No more than 6 or 7 I reckon

If it was anyone on here (in a black E55) sorry I didn't want 'to play' as I know my place when I see what that AMG can do....

Unlike the muppet of an Audi driver who later sat right up my chuff as I patiently waited for the tractor doing 25mph on a busy single lane section to pull off or over as he then did (just as we hit a dual carriage section typically)

I then decided to put a safety gap between me and the Audi and did car division as made the A6 into an A4, A3 then A1 in my mirror, and he was trying, at least initially.......
Know your place Audi :cool:

Well Dave at MBS did tell me to give it a decent run last week ;) (just clocked up 500 miles in three days)

PS love my V6
PPS E55s are astonishingly fast

Last edited:
OP
F

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
Didn't get the plate, though it would be on the dash cam as he sauntered off into the distance, but it had a private plate on anyway

A 54 or 55 reg car I would guess, but I'm not an expert on E55s and model numbers etc

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
It also was being driven properly :D

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom