Blocked DPF or Intake Leak?

PaulOM651

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A200 CDI 2015 OM651
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I have a problem with my 2015 A200.
Noticed lost in power but still drives, engine light came on and have an error code of P2463. After some reading this is diagnosed as a blocked DPF. I have checked all pressure pipes and the sensor for the DPF, I doubt it's blocked as I do alot of motorway mileage and my start stop still works. I think it's an intake leak throwing up my error code of P2463. At my wit's end. Any advice? It's an 1.8 134bhp 0M651.

Many thanks

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Book an MB Star session with a local independent,
get the vehicle properly read with a competent Star user.

Oh and btw welcome to the forum........

Last edited:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
A DPF regen can fail to take place for many reasons:
1. A recorded engine code
2. Low fuel light on
3. Low engine temperature
and others

If you cancel a regen repeatedly you can also get issues.
If you haven't replaced the sensor its quite possibly the issue but a star session in the hands of an experienced user will soon show if it is.

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
My experience is that if you fill the DPF, it will throw a code and possibly give you an engine light and a "Go to Dealer, do not pass GO, do not Collect £200" Message. On the first decent run after that, the DPF will self generate and keep working as it should in the background.

I've seen two clear cases of this in the last two years with Mercedes (Sprinter and an E Class) and my iCarsoft diagnostics. You get the lights / notices and when you look at the live data there's next to no pressure differential across the DPF and next to no particulate content. I delete the faults, the lights go out / warnings disappear and all is well. I can only conclude that the DPF has been filled up to a point where the fault is recorded and by bringing it from out Edinburgh to where I am, it has created the conditions for a self generate, hence the empty DPF.

I also have the FORSCAN diagnostics for my Kuga and I must have a tiny crack in the flexi pipe near the front DPF pressure pipe which sometimes foxes the sensor into thinking it has filled the DPF. The engine light came on and during the next 20 miles getting home, it started a self generation. (You can tell with a Ford. It runs rough.) By the time I got home and stuck the diagnostics on, it was empty and running perfectly. i deleted the fault and it was back to normal.

OP
P

PaulOM651

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A200 CDI 2015 OM651
Thanks for your advice guys, I've deleted the code numerous times but still comes back. I have some KENT DPF cleaner the father in law gave me, will let you know how it goes.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Thanks for your advice guys, I've deleted the code numerous times but still comes back. I have some KENT DPF cleaner the father in law gave me, will let you know how it goes.
Hi Paul I to had this code on my e class which is a om651 engine turned out DPF pressure sensor was working out of range and stopped he car doing the regen. I had it replaced at a cost of £126 all in.

OP
P

PaulOM651

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A200 CDI 2015 OM651
Thank you Dean, that might be the next option

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom