Blue efficiency injector problems

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Quite some time back Honest John (Daily Telegraph) was pretty scathing about supermarket petrol - I made the mistake of putting one tankful into my previous Porsche, took 2 tanks of Texaco clean system to get her back to rights. When I bought my C270 18 months ago (my first diesel since about 1985) I emailed him to ask if he had the same opinion of supermarket diesel. His reply was "it depends on where it comes from". Since then I've used a mixture of Tesco and Shell (depending on whether I've got a 5p/litre discount voucher!) and not noticed any difference whichever fuel I've used.

OP
R

rothbury

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Boxster S Mini Cooper E250cdi estate 2013
Quite some time back Honest John (Daily Telegraph) was pretty scathing about supermarket petrol - I made the mistake of putting one tankful into my previous Porsche, took 2 tanks of Texaco clean system to get her back to rights. When I bought my C270 18 months ago (my first diesel since about 1985) I emailed him to ask if he had the same opinion of supermarket diesel. His reply was "it depends on where it comes from". Since then I've used a mixture of Tesco and Shell (depending on whether I've got a 5p/litre discount voucher!) and not noticed any difference whichever fuel I've used.

Auto Express did an article on the whole subject a fuel quality quite recently and I recollect that certainly in terms of mpg there was not enough difference between supermarket and famous brand fuels to warrant the extra money per gallon. I don't think they went into the question of "cleanness " and additives though.

carabind

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e class
Looking at the new E -some are startin to dribble through onto the used market (MB direct etc). Doesn't look like the injectar fault has hurt residuals for the 220/250 (starting price from £28.5k as of this morning)- or maybe it's too early.
Surely as word gets around, people will avoid these cars and that will hurt prices - and more importantly trade in values? I accept that MB are doing all they can , but once a car is labelled as a dog, that doesn't go away...I really feel for the people who bought them new and may struggle to move them on iwhen they come to change
I'm seriously looking at a jag XF to replace my E(W211). lot of car for the moeny (with great reviews)
Are there any happy E220/250 212 owners out there to make me reconsider?

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
But if you think about it, MB cannot turn round as say there is a difference in the fuels as that could start a world war

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only the Vito left! W639/1 OM646
Whilst getting spares from my main dealer only last week, there was a nice shiny E250 in the showroom. I asked if they'd fixed the injector problem yet. He hesitated, looked me in the eye, realised I knew, and said, 'nope, still a problem'.

OP
R

rothbury

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have just received a recall letter from MB and my car is going to get new injectors a week today! For anyone out there still worrying it seems that the general recall is under way.

G

Geezer

That's about the time I got mine. I wonder what criteria they are using to select vehicles for recall? Perhaps it's lucky dip!! :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That's about the time I got mine. I wonder what criteria they are using to select vehicles for recall? Perhaps it's lucky dip!! :rolleyes:

My sir name beginning with W puts me last on the list for everything

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Looking at the new E -some are startin to dribble through onto the used market (MB direct etc). Doesn't look like the injectar fault has hurt residuals for the 220/250 (starting price from £28.5k as of this morning)- or maybe it's too early.
Surely as word gets around, people will avoid these cars and that will hurt prices - and more importantly trade in values? I accept that MB are doing all they can , but once a car is labelled as a dog, that doesn't go away...I really feel for the people who bought them new and may struggle to move them on iwhen they come to change
I'm seriously looking at a jag XF to replace my E(W211). lot of car for the moeny (with great reviews)
Are there any happy E220/250 212 owners out there to make me reconsider?

Stop talking up the problem then ......................... MB are sorting it out !

OP
R

rothbury

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
for what it's worth my chassis number is WDD2042032F407651.
Maybe you can work it out from that!

stuart warrender

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes 250 cdi sport
blue efficiency injector problem

Hi i have got a c250 cdi on a 59 reg just done 3500 miles.Broke down last week with the engine managment light on and a bad missfire the car would only do 20 mph.mercedes had it a day and told me that it was an injector that had gone down they are having problems with a batch of them witch have been fitted to a number of cars.They told me that there were no stock in the uk and it would be 5 to 6 weeks.As you would i kicked of big time.I rang a dealer 20 miles from me and asked them to give me a price an when they could get them for me and they sed with have 7 in stock and you can have them this afternoon.I then rang the dealer who had me car and they sed they could do nothing about it they had to come from mercedes them self.I then rang mercedes customer services up an gave them all this and they would look into it.love and behold my dealer rang me back 1 hour later and told me my car was ready to pick up all done.Wots all that about.confused::When i got to the dealer they told me i should be getting a letter about a recall on the injectors and to egnor it.So they may be recalling them all or this is bull to keep me sweet.The injectors are now modified so they say.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Welcome Stuart with your interesting tale,,just shows what can happen when you push things

drdre78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c200 200
hi it was mention on whatcar website that they have problem to

annoyed

New Registration
Reaction score
I have experienced the same problem with injectors - TWICE! I purchased a new E class on a lease plan in sept last. The car seemed good enough, that is until it lost all power whilst driving down a busy road. The car was towed away and was "fixed" some weeks later. During that time I was given a courtesy car (an old C class, but I was still expected to maintain my payments for a new E class!). Although I would have been well within my legal rights to reject the car as unfit for purpose and of unsatisfactory quality, stupidly I decided to persevere. The car was returned to me in November 2009. Last month exactly the same thing happened. The car made a roaring sound and suddenly lost all power. This time, as you can imagine, i was very very annoyed.

My car has been at the merc garage since March. I sent a letter of complaint to Merc and contacted their customer services. Customer services tried, in vain, to push the complaint to one side. I subsequently contacted the Director's office based in Milton Keynes and gave the poor gentleman a piece of my mind. On telling them that i intended to expose the issue to watchdog (having read the comments on this site, it seems that we've all be duped and kept in the dark), suddenly i noticed a change in attitude. i am now told that my care has been "repaired". I have refused to collect the car. I have decided that safety is more important than a badge and I have decided to exercise my legal rights to reject the car under the Sale of Goods Act. Since then I have had a number of calls from Merc. Yesterday I received two alternative offers: either Merc will repay to me my monthly rentals for the period I have been without my new car (and yet have been made to pay for it!!!), alternatively they will do me a "new deal" on a new car. The cheek! This is more than insulting. Having rejected the car I am entitled to the return of my money less the value I have obtained in using the car for the period when it was with me. I am therefore entitled to demand the return of most of the money I have paid; at the absolute least I am entitled to repayment of the monthly lease sums when I have been without the car i was paying for. The suggestion that i should buy a new car is not just daft, but insulting.

i strongly suggest that all those who have suffered the same fate should demand repayment of any monthly finance payments for the period when you have been without a car. In addition you should also seek compensation for having to keep an obviously substandard car. The resale value of these cars has obviously diminished and ALL E/C class vehicles will be affected. This means we all stand to lose money, now and when we come to sell the cars later. Merc must compensate all those affected - and not just by offering a free service!
I strongly suggest that we lodge this matter with watchdog and let them explore the issues. Merc have known about these problems for a long time but have chosen to remain quiet. in doing so they have shown that they value money over our safety. Moreover, even now that the problem is as widespread as it is, they have still chosen to remain quiet. I consider their actions to be dishonest and it should be exposed. I have purchased 4 new mercs in 10 years; i will not be making that mistake ever again.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
I strongly suggest that we lodge this matter with watchdog and let them explore the issues. Merc have known about these problems for a long time but have chosen to remain quiet. .

Hardly remained quiet. Loads of customers have been told about the problems (see this thread and the other main forum). Production of the affected models had been stopped to get new injectors to earlier sales. And there have been pieces in the Independent, Bloomberg, What Car and several German car mags.

Getting to watchdog will simply harm other members residuals and achieve nothing IMO.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Hawk I dont know if i can agree with your sentiments regarding keeping quiet about this sorry mess.. The public have a right to know.. Maybe when Mb get a bit of adverse publicity they may just get their act together...
They too, like Toyota, have been pumping out new models, too many, in my humble opinion, and hoping that nothing would go wrong..
We do seem to be entering an era where the public are much wiser and have a greater voice than they ever did before, and long may it continue..
I was looking forward to changing up to the newer 221 S class.. Now I am having doubts..

Liilu

New Registration
Reaction score
Facebook group

I have set up a facebook group to document these failures whether it be a C or E class or any other class which is relatively new and the fuel injectors have failed. This group could be useful if enough members joined who have had these problems:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109900435705187

Please join and document your fuel injector failures - if we all group together in one place we can give power to the people! Pass this on to any other forums you are involved in or people you know that have had the same problem.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom