Bluetooth in 2002 SL500

emmaess

Reaction score
Hi
I have SL500 2002 and would like to have the Bluetooth phone system fitted. Can anyone tell me if this works with Blackberry Bold 9000 and also where to go and how much it will cost??

many thanks

Emma

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Hi Emma - in my personal opinion, I would steer clear of Mercedes options - overpriced with built in obsolesence. I just googled your blackberry device & "Parrot" - plenty of returns. My SL has a MB phone cradle (not bluetooth) but I use a Parrot bluetooth system. It was fitted before I got the car, but it is extremely neat & works perfectly. It also didn't cost an arm & a leg!

There are plenty of Parrot installers across the UK so you wouldn't have a problem, but best bet is to identify the device, work back to make sure it is fully compatible with your Blackberry then go do the best deal

Good luck

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello Emma, and welcome do as drmw says,,mush better and not a silly price where you end up selling the car to pay for a phone, that you will no longer need as you sold the car, I think that I got that right:rolleyes:

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T212 facelift, 2013. A few toys including pan roof, 19" rims, Harmon Kardon, nappa, privacy glass.
I have a BBerry Pearl and it was very poor at connecting to my wifes Parrot Bluetooth - constantly losing the id link and needing to reconnect. I was told that Parrot was not the best match for Bberry.

It did work fine on just about every other phone though - grrrrr !

Hope this helps.

OP
E

emmaess

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice - I have used Parrot before and they are brilliant I just so wanted to use the Comand system's display though.......
Emma

A

andy@pcd-ltd

I have paired many blackberrys with the mercedes bluetooth cradle and had no problems at all.

If i remember correctly the blackberry bold is on the mercedes approved list of tested phones to be compatible with each other

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom