Bluetooth phone kit - options?

reuben

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLK W209 270 cdi
More questions!

I'm curious to know what the options are if I want to have a bluetooth handsfree kit put in my CLK W209..? I guess I have to have a microphone wired in? Whats the likely cost?

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Or a parrot kit, though you'd need an extra interface if you wanted to utilise the steering wheel buttons.

OP
R

reuben

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hmm, in the top of my arm there is no phone cradle - its empty with no dock or connector or anything... Does this mean the car isnt wired for phone? Does this mean its not possible?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
its always possible but the cost of adding a UHI pre-wire phone interface aftermarket is prohibitive. Its also a bit pointless to be honest.
You can get a wide range of bluetooth car kits and as above, some even allow you to use the wheel controls. I wouldn't get hung up on those though, it costs a lot to get the buttons working and even though I have them on mine, I rarely use them.

If it were me, I'd have a Nokia or parrot BT kit fitted and be done with it.
Its the cheapest solution and works just as well, if not better.

OP
R

reuben

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What do they actually do to the car to fit a parrot kit?

G

Geezer

Put the control module and microphone where you specify and connect to the car speaker system. Halfords do good deals. Mine cost £99 fitted and it's perfect. :D

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom