Bluetooth streaming

Trev1964

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 250 cdi estate 2013
I have a 2006 slk 350 with comand sound system. It has the auto changer in the glovebox and the nav mounted in the boot.
Ive added the module in the armrest for phone and this works faultlessly.
It had the lead into the armrest for ipod when i bought it and i have an ipod connected and again works faultlessly.
I would however like to stream music from my phone and havent been able to find anything that allows this.
Anyone know of a solution..?
I wouldnt mind doing away with the ipod integration if there is something to replace this that allows streaming...
Thanks.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Try looking at the Dension products. Some of them arecMB compatible.

OP
Trev1964

Trev1964

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 250 cdi estate 2013
Thanks

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Try commandonline - they are forum supporters and will advise you of the options for your vehicle if you give them your VIN.

OP
Trev1964

Trev1964

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 250 cdi estate 2013
Thanks.
The dension is mega bucks.
To be fair it does stuff i already have and dont need.
I'll email comandonline. I bought my bluetooth module feom them so hopefully they'll help..

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I have a 2006 slk 350 with comand sound system. It has the auto changer in the glovebox and the nav mounted in the boot.
Ive added the module in the armrest for phone and this works faultlessly.
It had the lead into the armrest for ipod when i bought it and i have an ipod connected and again works faultlessly.
I would however like to stream music from my phone and havent been able to find anything that allows this.
Anyone know of a solution..?
I wouldnt mind doing away with the ipod integration if there is something to replace this that allows streaming...
Thanks.

what phone do you use?

the ipod integration kit can have a cheap unit plugged in that will allow BT music streaming.... it won't change the limited clunky navigation techniques with it only showing up on the speedo. But will display tracks and navigate via steering wheel if you use Apple, if android you'll get sound and nothing else (nav and view tracks via the phone)

Viseeo or Bovee are the high end ones £70 or some fake Chinese trash will work for £20

If it has fibre optics say on the CD changer, for £110 you can go all modern with some stuff u find on ebay plugged in to the MOST, giving phone BT streaming and a USB socket

Fiscon or Dension are silly money but quality... and won't misbehave

The integration kit u want to dispose of, with the loom and the box is worth £120 quid on ebay !!!

I don't think this is suitable but not seen before (so many be of interest to others)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetoot...620223?hash=item2f0f81af7f:g:jWEAAOSwpLNX~5Ke

This is more the low end potentially great functionality stuff we all need

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetoot...989463?hash=item33caeef2d7:g:pAcAAOSwIQdZK8aT

Last edited:
OP
Trev1964

Trev1964

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 250 cdi estate 2013
Thanks for that.
I have a Samsung S8 plus.
Toying with a bluetooth fm transmitter.
Found one that just sits in the cig lighter. As i never use this it would do the job.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500

OP just said he uses android....

hence my earlier post where I mentioned the bold bits

the ipod integration kit can have a cheap unit plugged in that will allow BT music streaming.... it won't change the limited clunky navigation techniques with it only showing up on the speedo. But will display tracks and navigate via steering wheel if you use Apple, if android you'll get sound and nothing else (nav and view tracks via the phone)

OP
Trev1964

Trev1964

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 250 cdi estate 2013
I'm even more confused now.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
ABOUT?

there are three main smart mobile phone operating systems.

Apple iOS
Windows phone
Android

a Samsung S8 - along side pretty much every any other Samsung smartphone for the last 5 years, runs on the google spying platform Android

if you plug in a Viseeo (or Bovee same thing) Tune2Air you will get some functionality

I think Viseeo splintered off about 3 years ago and nearly died... one part remains going off on a tangent with disparate product range and some of the guys started up Bovee

there are various versions of Tune2 Air

1) a BMW version with a Y cable (3.5mm audio and a USB connection to do track navigation and display info to the car)

2) an early one mb-1000, for Merc or VAG takes the 30 pin iPod cable (mb-1000) for cars with the addon iPod integration kit. A Bovee 1000 is still about 60 to 80 quid, see amazon

3) an MMI socket capable device, mb-3000a with a cable attached that goes in to the glovebox socket on cars past 2009

the Bluetooth enabled Tune2Air is not only compatible with Apple devices, but also any brand of Android or Windows mobile phone. You will be able to stream music wirelessly to the iPod system in your car which was originally only designed for Apple products. Controls such as volume and skip track will also be retained on the original car buttons, so you can use the original head unit or steering wheel controls to skip tracks where compatible. As the Tune2Air is used with original in-car iPod kits, it is not possible to stream playlist or album art info from non-Apple phones, but you can still enjoy the same high quality audio from your Android/Windows phone through your original iPod system.

I don't think you want the 3000a though - this is for the later mmi socket

http://boveeusa.com/

OP
Trev1964

Trev1964

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 250 cdi estate 2013
Thanks very much.
I think that is the one.
Sounds spot on.
Thanks again.

Garoad19

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 SLK 250 CDI
New Post.
Any advice would be much appreciated. I have two issues with my Audio 20 in my SLK250 CDI. The Becker Map Pilot (Sat Nav) won't display. Also I don't have bluetooth Audio. May have happened when I reset my unit. My phone is authorised and telephone bluetooth is working. Many thanks.

Top Bottom