Bluetooth Telephone not working through speakers

olepompey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slk200/2009
My previous Nokia worked fine through Bluetooth in my 2009 SLK. Its the basic audio20 with no cradle.
I've registered my new Samsung and its recognised and when I use it - it works BUT I can't hear the ringing nor the voice through the speakers.
If I pick my mobile up, It makes the call ok but picking the phone up defeats the whole object of the Bluetooth
I've tried deauthorising and registering again with the same results.
Any ideas ?

A

andy@pcd-ltd

Which model samsung are you using

If it is the galaxy s3 it looks like its not on the compatibility list yet

OP
O

olepompey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slk200/2009
No its the Galaxy Ace and its registered ok by the car and it makes the call. You just can't hear it dialling or hear the recipient unless you put the mobile to your ear !
Thanks

alec2

Reaction score
Check the volume setting for bluetooth through the radio. It is separate from the radio setting.

Alec

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
My previous Nokia worked fine through Bluetooth in my 2009 SLK. Its the basic audio20 with no cradle.
I've registered my new Samsung and its recognised and when I use it - it works BUT I can't hear the ringing nor the voice through the speakers.
If I pick my mobile up, It makes the call ok but picking the phone up defeats the whole object of the Bluetooth
I've tried deauthorising and registering again with the same results.
Any ideas ?

I suspect this is a phone issue. It is the phone that routes the call across to the car. We see lots of problems with Samsung phones and bluetooth i'm afraid. They account for more bluetooth problems than all the other phone makes put together, that we see in the shop:(

As a first step, make sure the phone has the latest firmware on it.

cpagates

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320 convertible 2007
I'm having similar issues with my galaxy S4. It goes through the pairing ok, accepts the pairing code then radio volume goes off for a second then it says not connected! its quite annoying.

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
No its the Galaxy Ace and its registered ok by the car and it makes the call. You just can't hear it dialling or hear the recipient unless you put the mobile to your ear !
Thanks

On your phone, go into the settings, Bluetooth and pick the car bluetooth. To the right should be a cog icon. Touch that and it should show what the connection is set up for. It may be that it is set for media audio only and not call audio.

Not sure how to fix it but that should give an idea of if that is the issue.

Dave

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom