BMWi8

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
It would appear that the man who bought this car & paid nearly 40K for upgrades, didn't like the car enough to drive it. 1,800 miles?

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Colour is perfect.. all that car in however???
Frankly that will never sell, the seller is trying to recoup all the schnitzer costs which are worthless to most
2017 with those miles 60k value IMO

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Well my near 2 year fun with the i8 is coming to an end...
Due to a number of reasons I decided having what is effectively a fun machine doesn’t fit any more.
What finalised is the Covid situation partly because I cannot use it this year (and not sure when ever) for my Sporting Bears Dream rides activities and partly it seems a little trivial to have such a toy when it’s not really needed!
The XC90 is due to change early next year , so we’re downsizing it , it’s used locally mainly and very low miles so might go electric or PHEV on that..
BMW made me a very nice offer for the i8 to stay with the marque so next Monday I will be collecting a 2 ish year old 530d M Sports x drive touring which is likely to be a long term keeper. Every extra possible on it so will amuse me for a while. I did again look hard for Mercedes alternatives but they are just not there sadly .
Final words on the i8? Iconic blast of a machine, surprising most days in a positive way, I will miss it indeed but life moves on

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Well my near 2 year fun with the i8 is coming to an end...
Due to a number of reasons I decided having what is effectively a fun machine doesn’t fit any more.
What finalised is the Covid situation partly because I cannot use it this year (and not sure when ever) for my Sporting Bears Dream rides activities and partly it seems a little trivial to have such a toy when it’s not really needed!
The XC90 is due to change early next year , so we’re downsizing it , it’s used locally mainly and very low miles so might go electric or PHEV on that..
BMW made me a very nice offer for the i8 to stay with the marque so next Monday I will be collecting a 2 ish year old 530d M Sports x drive touring which is likely to be a long term keeper. Every extra possible on it so will amuse me for a while. I did again look hard for Mercedes alternatives but they are just not there sadly .
Final words on the i8? Iconic blast of a machine, surprising most days in a positive way, I will miss it indeed but life moves on
It must have been one hell of an incentive to pick a 5 Series over an E-Class estate. Hope it works out for you better than the 5 Series I had...

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
It must have been one hell of an incentive to pick a 5 Series over an E-Class estate. Hope it works out for you better than the 5 Series I had...
‘Twas Russ- also I wanted the 3l 6cyl of which MB only had 2 in their entire system and they were pauper spec..and no 4 matic until newer models
I then went after a rather nice GLE350 , nearly bought it was gathering everything only for it to be sold under my nose with no chance which peed me off..
Used cars are having a bit of a boom at the moment it seems...

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
‘Twas Russ- also I wanted the 3l 6cyl of which MB only had 2 in their entire system and they were pauper spec..and no 4 matic until newer models
I then went after a rather nice GLE350 , nearly bought it was gathering everything only for it to be sold under my nose with no chance which peed me off..
Used cars are having a bit of a boom at the moment it seems...
upload_2020-9-16_15-24-43.png
That's Crispy-mouse sorted :cool::p:D

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Do take the 5 series for a least an hours test drive John my son and I had one for a mornings test 2 years ago when he bought his W213 (doesn’t time fly) and the seats turned out to be very uncomfortable after an hours driving. The problem appears to be that on the sport model the seat base bolsters are totally unforgiving, we both suffered painful cramps in our buttocks (no puns please) and BMW lost the sale to MB, he was a bit miffed but that’s life the upside is that he loves his W213

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Do take the 5 series for a least an hours test drive John my son and I had one for a mornings test 2 years ago when he bought his W213 (doesn’t time fly) and the seats turned out to be very uncomfortable after an hours driving. The problem appears to be that on the sport model the seat base bolsters are totally unforgiving, we both suffered painful cramps in our buttocks (no puns please) and BMW lost the sale to MB, he was a bit miffed but that’s life the upside is that he loves his W213
Thanks Malcolm, luckily we have a company one which I’ve driven regularly over the past 3-4 years and often for long periods (once to Belgium and return), so well tested and fine for me. If I have one seat observation it’s the lack of adjustable lumbar support which I thought would be an issue but doesn’t seem to be

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Thanks Malcolm, luckily we have a company one which I’ve driven regularly over the past 3-4 years and often for long periods (once to Belgium and return), so well tested and fine for me. If I have one seat observation it’s the lack of adjustable lumbar support which I thought would be an issue but doesn’t seem to be
As long as you are sticking around on the forum John , I will overlook whatever awful badged car you settle on :rolleyes: .....buddy :D

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
As long as you are sticking around on the forum John , I will overlook whatever awful badged car you settle on :rolleyes: .....buddy :D
As I’ve said before this forum is brilliant and full of great folks such as your good self willing to help and advise...
So if allowed I will indeed- oh did I mention how great the mods are?:rolleyes::D

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
As I’ve said before this forum is brilliant and full of great folks such as your good self willing to help and advise...
So if allowed I will indeed- oh did I mention how great the mods are?:rolleyes::D
That’s settled then , you are staying :)

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score

I hope that’s the sport version of the current model John the seats vary between models this was a 2018 car

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I hope that’s the sport version of the current model John the seats vary between models this was a 2018 car
The ones we’ve had at work have been between 2015 and 2017 (‘67 plate), it’s a ‘67 plate (G30 I believe?) I’ve just bought ....so hopefully all ok

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Got your DM Malcolm, for some reason I've no option to reply but just to say thanks, appreciated. The ones we have here are M Sport models too from September 2017 so I'm still thinking it's OK....

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Got your DM Malcolm, for some reason I've no option to reply but just to say thanks, appreciated. The ones we have here are M Sport models too from September 2017 so I'm still thinking it's OK....

Re the DM John my fault I ticked the wrong box before I sent it

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom