bodywork,wheels@trim

D

dave thomas

clk 270 cdi on a 53 plate.can you test the parking sensors.garage have told me i have 4 gone,strange 4 have gone at the same time? do the bumpers have to come off please help regards dave

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello Dave first are you parking sensors giving a full scale red warning all the time, if they just are not working,,then the chances are is that the connectors have come off the rear

OP
D

dave thomas

hi yes the indiacator on dash@rear go stright to red?they have been working ok for the last six months,now garage has told me 4 have gone ? regards dave ps i can see the rear senors on car have sprayed with wd40

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They might have become unplugged from where they clip in

Wirral_guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK270cdi Avantgarde
Dave

I find it highly unlikely for all 4 to go at the same time (unless you have passed a leaking nuclear facility lately:rolleyes:).

I'll go with Malcolm and suggest that it is far more likely that a cable is unplugged/cut/trapped. I'd ask the garage to have a closer look before tipping up for new ones or at least get it looked at by a garage with Star to get a better diagnosis.

Dave

OP
D

dave thomas

hi j i have had a garage look at it with star,three on the front one on the back they told me,it was a merc garage as i said they were working intermitantly through out the day but since they have put that star on it now goes stright to red,can star shut the parking sensors off?they say it will come to about £200 for 3 senors i bought one off ebay,what do you think? regards dave,thank you for your time

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I do not know what the garage did. We have had many cars where the have become detached from their holders and loose behind the bumper

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom